sian19640

Free Member
Sep 15, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
kontiki swift
Exp
hi all going to raf fairford airshow in july wheres the nearest or best campsite to stay. ::bigsmile:

micky drip

Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
We stayed in the early arrivals area at the showground. It doesn't open till ten pm on the night before. We were treated like royalty by the security men (many cuppas helped) and we were allowed to stay 2 nights. no charge, no facilities

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We stayed at "Kempsford Camping,right by the perimeter fence,toilets ,showers,shop,bar,NO departures during the display days until the crowd has gone.
Will check i have the correct address,it's been a few years since we last went,the aircraft i loved to watch have been retired,like ME:cry::cry::cry:
Magical show,all pitches are marked out and whilst i was going,there was always a great atmosphere on site. ENJOY.
Tea Bag (Missing the Lightnings and Phantoms STILL)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Just type in RIAT Kempsford Camping GOP ON !! you know your worth it.
Chocks away !!. The French Mirages weren't to shabby either.
Tea Bag

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hi all going to raf fairford airshow in july

Will both our Typhoons be there or did I read that one had flown away to save the planet.

I hear that the British Model Flying Association is laying on a pair of Hawks, they are mega impressive.

Jaws has been approached to give a fly-by with his quadcopter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALc83kv0qI4"]R/C scale jet turbine Red arrows duo team. ??????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
As an alternative you could always come to the Bournemouth Air Festival, 28th - 31st August, http://bournemouthair.co.uk/

The Red Arrows doing their full display on all 4 days,

The BBMF including the Dakota, there is a possibility that both the worlds flying Lancaster Bombers, ( UK & Canadian) will be flying together, something you will not see at RIAT or perhaps in your lifetime.

The Typhoon display Team. Night Display, Parachutists. Royal Marines doing a Seabourne assault, 4 Royal Navy ships in the bay, some open to the public.

Plus a whole load of other displays in the air, a mile and a half of exhibitors on the Seafront.

And the whole event is free.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back