raf fairford

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sian19640, Apr 26, 2014.

1. sian19640

sian19640 Read Only Funster

hi all going to raf fairford airshow in july wheres the nearest or best campsite to stay. :BigGrin:

2. Ash

Ash Trader - Service & Repairs Life Member

We always stay with caravan club , the display flies over head & circles the whole area it's brilliant , :thumb:

3. micky drip

micky drip

We stayed in the early arrivals area at the showground. It doesn't open till ten pm on the night before. We were treated like royalty by the security men (many cuppas helped) and we were allowed to stay 2 nights. no charge, no facilities

4. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    We stayed at "Kempsford Camping,right by the perimeter fence,toilets ,showers,shop,bar,NO departures during the display days until the crowd has gone.
    Will check i have the correct address,it's been a few years since we last went,the aircraft i loved to watch have been retired,like ME:cry::cry::cry:
    Magical show,all pitches are marked out and whilst i was going,there was always a great atmosphere on site. ENJOY.
    Tea Bag (Missing the Lightnings and Phantoms STILL)

5. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    Just type in RIAT Kempsford Camping GOP ON !! you know your worth it.
    Chocks away !!. The French Mirages weren't to shabby either.
    Tea Bag

6. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Will both our Typhoons be there or did I read that one had flown away to save the planet.

I hear that the British Model Flying Association is laying on a pair of Hawks, they are mega impressive.

Jaws has been approached to give a fly-by with his quadcopter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALc83kv0qI4"]R/C scale jet turbine Red arrows duo team. ??????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

7. estcres

estcres Read Only Funster

As an alternative you could always come to the Bournemouth Air Festival, 28th - 31st August, http://bournemouthair.co.uk/

The Red Arrows doing their full display on all 4 days,

The BBMF including the Dakota, there is a possibility that both the worlds flying Lancaster Bombers, ( UK & Canadian) will be flying together, something you will not see at RIAT or perhaps in your lifetime.

The Typhoon display Team. Night Display, Parachutists. Royal Marines doing a Seabourne assault, 4 Royal Navy ships in the bay, some open to the public.

Plus a whole load of other displays in the air, a mile and a half of exhibitors on the Seafront.

And the whole event is free.