RADIO (1 Viewer)

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
Hi i have a sundance l630 would it be safe to fit a radio straight from the leisure battery with a fuse in line .The l/b is under the bed at the rear so i was think of putting a radio at the back in the corner
thx dave

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Cant see a problem with that Dave, but whats wrong with the one in front, surley you can hear it in the lounge area.

Eric

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
A couple of points to watch out for if you are going ahead with this:
  1. A lot of current radios (if not most) have two power inputs - one is connected permanently to retain settings etc, and the other is controlled by the power switch. As long as your fuse is rated appropriately, both could be fed from the same supply lead. Note that depending on the radio model, you will be probably be adding a small continuous drain on the LB but this would be less than any alarm system.
  2. Check that there is some convenient way of tapping into the battery connections that will provide good contact and security. Poor connections can generate heat and lead to unpleasant consequences. Since any fault in the cables you install could short circuit the battery, have your inline fuse as close to the battery terminal as you can get it.
We added a habitation area DAB radio (with remote and USB) fed by a roof-mounted powered aerial and have been delighted with results.

(A different) Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thx ericroy
what fuse do you recon would a 5amp be ok if be
thx dave
Check the back of the unit.....it should state amperage.
i would think 10 or 15 amps depending how loud you like it as Its the amplifier circuit which consumes most power.

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
thx ericroy
what fuse do you recon would a 5amp be ok if be
thx dave
My radio needs 10A on the permanent supply and 15A on the switched power feed - but yours could be different depending on power rating/number of speakers etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back