Radio with a mind of its own?? (1 Viewer)

Benwick Rambler

Free Member
Oct 21, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
The radio in my Peugeot Boxer based Auto-Sleeper Palermo (2005) has suddenly taken on a life of its own and comes on and off at all times of the day and night without any input from me.

The radio is wired into the leisure battery and in normal mode will switch itself off after 20 minutes. However, Auto-Sleeper have fitted an override switch witch will allow the radio to remain permanently on when driving or to be switched on from the fixed bed at the back of the van when on-pitch.

I’m currently on hook-up at CC Grin Low so don’t have too many concerns about draining the leisure battery but this seems like a very real possibility when not on hook-up.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what might have caused this unusual radio behaviour and how it might be rectified?

Brian

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Unlikley, but check your leisure battery voltage particularly when it's doing the on/off on it's own. Strangley, our radio went off one night, then came on for a bit then off, all looked OK like display but I pressed the voltage test (this was the last 'van) and thoruoghly in the red!:Eeek:

Just a thought?

Also, due to storage and radio flattening battery, fit an isolator to the power supply. A pain as you'll likely have to reset presets etc etc but piece of mind.

Si.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back