Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
Just fitted a new Kenwood stereo, but it needs the ignition on to work. I don't really want the key on when I'm having a glass of wine in the evening. Can anyone help with wiring swap on the connector for a permanent live feed.
Cheers Norm.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
There will be a permanent live some where behind the dash. You will need a volt meter or probe to find it.
I had to find one for my stereo.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well I have just finished rewiring ours today, we had a new radio a couple of years ago and the guy fitting it said he could make it so that it didn't need the ignition BUT all he did was disconnect the red switched live and reconnect it to the yellow permanent live, (they are both wired to the radio at the same time as the permanent live keep the radio memory). It all worked OK but I believe it puts a permanent drain on the battery even when you think it is switched off.

Anyway cutting a long story short I took the red switched live from the yellow lead and ran it through a switch fitted into the dash and then back to the red on the back of the radio.

The longer story involves me soldering the joints and blowing the permanent live feed and not being able to find a fuse, anyway it all works now, I think it possibly blew because the soldering iron was plugged into the mains on the motorhome and down to the chassis earth.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
My radio is powered from the starter battery which is not good although it has a 20 minute cut-off. I intend eventually to wire it to my leisure bats.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back