Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Dont fix something that aint broke !
My old radio worked fine but I decided to put a new and better radio in my 2003 ducato and when I fitted it the radio worked find but wouldnt push all the way in due to the electrical terminal box so I pushed it in with a screwdriver gently and when I tried it again the radio wont work and the old one wont either so I checked the fuses and all seems to be good and then checked the wires and they all seem fine, the fuse on the radio is ok also but I cant understand what the problem is.
Anyone out there had similar problems or can advise me on something !

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Could be an in line fuse somewhere or just a poor connection?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds like you may have pulled a connector apart somewhere in the wiring harness when you pushed it in, something had to give to make space ?

OP
OP
S

snooky

Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
I've checked all fuses that I can find, under bonnet and in the dash and on the radio and all ok and I've checked all the wires I can see and we have come away for the weekend and I'm sat on site still looking for the problem

OP
OP
S

snooky

Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
I found a 2nd red(live) wire going to the back of my connectors and put a live feed from the battery to the back of the electric block so it's obviously the live that's faulty so if I can't find where the problem is and I used a live of the cigarette lighter would I need to use a wire with a fuse in it or would a direct wire be ok with it ? Tia

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
You should have two live. One constant and one on the ignition. The constant is for the radio memory and the ignition is so it goes on and off with the key. < They tend to be red (ignition) and thinner yellow for constant however from what i have found so far with dam Fiat is never trust the norm :D Get a multi meter and the van manual for what wire does what. Look on the fiat forum as they have lots of downloads for manuals and radio manuals

http://www.fiatforum.com/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back