radio aerial hiding (1 Viewer)

fisherman12

Free Member
Sep 23, 2010
Funster No
Hi
I have just bought 2 year old autocruise starfire with almost zero miles and almost zero reception on radio. I cant see aerial and called manufacturer who said it was in "extension arm" I think he then described it as in window pillar to wich door is hinged. I dont want to hurt van excavating for it does anyone have experience of working with this model's aerial?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
If it's a Fiat Citroen or Peugeot chassis then it's prob in the mirror. I put a normal one on mine.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

fisherman12

Free Member
Sep 23, 2010
Funster No
thanks dane I will have a look inside the mirror these are fairly common vans (peugeot boxer ) and you would expect the radio to be sorted. cheers kevin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tan

Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
radio aerial

we have a compass avantgarde 400 on a boxer and had the same problem with the aerial and finallly found that when the conversion to mh was done the aerial mast was removed but the mounting etc with the wire was left in place under the the luton. I removed the interior light and found that the aerial run accross the top of the windscreen and down the driver side window pillar and then back under the dash to the radio. I replaced the aerial with a normal mast mounted on the window pillar and connected this mast to the original wire. the radio now works fine and I have been told it is common for converters to remove the original mast and not to replace it with another.

hope this helps

Terry

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back