radio aerial hiding

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by fisherman12, Sep 23, 2010.

1. fisherman12

fisherman12 Read Only Funster

Hi
    I have just bought 2 year old autocruise starfire with almost zero miles and almost zero reception on radio. I cant see aerial and called manufacturer who said it was in "extension arm" I think he then described it as in window pillar to wich door is hinged. I dont want to hurt van excavating for it does anyone have experience of working with this model's aerial?

2. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

If it's a Fiat Citroen or Peugeot chassis then it's prob in the mirror. I put a normal one on mine.

3. fisherman12

fisherman12 Read Only Funster

thanks dane I will have a look inside the mirror these are fairly common vans (peugeot boxer ) and you would expect the radio to be sorted. cheers kevin

4. tan

tan Read Only Funster

radio aerial

we have a compass avantgarde 400 on a boxer and had the same problem with the aerial and finallly found that when the conversion to mh was done the aerial mast was removed but the mounting etc with the wire was left in place under the the luton. I removed the interior light and found that the aerial run accross the top of the windscreen and down the driver side window pillar and then back under the dash to the radio. I replaced the aerial with a normal mast mounted on the window pillar and connected this mast to the original wire. the radio now works fine and I have been told it is common for converters to remove the original mast and not to replace it with another.

hope this helps

Terry