Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
Another newbie question or two:

Does anyone know how to circumvent the 20 minute cut-off for the original equipment radio in a 2009 Peugeot Boxer? I can adjust the time, but only to a maximum of 20 minutes without restarting the engine. I presume that having the radio on for an hour or so is unlikely to drain the vehicle battery too much.

I have also found what I think are speaker wires inside the front upper lockers of my Explorer Group 115, near the front downlighters. I wonder what the other end is connected to, if anything - maybe the existing radio?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
please dont hold me responsible 'cos im totaly irresponsible..... but iv heard if you cut the yellow wire going into the radio it disconnects the timer circuit.

personaly i think its a large capacitor in the circuit but i dont know for sure.

not much help really, am i ?:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
johngee

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
please dont hold me responsible 'cos im totaly irresponsible..... but iv heard if you cut the yellow wire going into the radio it disconnects the timer circuit.

personaly i think its a large capacitor in the circuit but i dont know for sure.

not much help really, am i ?:Blush:

Why not! What could possibly go wrong? :cry:

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi John
No not you John im talking to John:Doh:
Dave Newell has a work around for this problem and im led to belive it involves a diode and dash mounted switch to retain the full functions such as ign kill etc
I would suggest you PM Dave (member on here) Or if you prefer scour the Fiat Forums where daves fix is freely available
Geo

Upvote 0

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
When we first had our Boxer last April I bought the bits from Maplin to do the mod. But the reception on the supplied radio was quite poor and it regularly lost the signal in weak areas. So I replaced it with a Sony (72 quid from Argos) which also plays mp3 disks. It was a 10 minute job to change it over as it was a direct replacement. The Sony has two ways of switching off, one way puts it into a standby mode, the other disconnects it from the supply. But the main thing is that the 20 minute cutoff is no more! The only downside is that the controls on the steering wheel no longer work.

I also bought a Sony remote control on Ebay for 12 quid which allows the radio and cd player to be operated from the habitation area. It's great to be able to switch the radio on and off without getting out of bed!

Roly

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back