Rack for a Trike

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by Dave and Ginny, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Getting Ginny a tricycle for our next run down to Spain but I need to come up with a method to fix it on the van!

Have a conventional Fiamma cycle rack for my bike...a towbar fitted that used to accommodate a motorcycle rack that I sold off some time ago.

I need to do a bit of engineering to knock up a rack similar to the original motorcycle rack but doesn't need to be anything near as robust. But I will need to get some engineering done in the form of the two bars that would slot into the existing towbar fitting. I can then do the rest myself.

Not sure where best to start though...any ideas?

Dave

2. Ali_B

Ali_B Read Only Funster

First posting on the website, have a little look at Pendle bike racks, thier wheel support racks may be just what you need. In the 4 bike form it may even be able to carry both the trike and the bike as long as the trike isn't too wide

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1621...33395220626:pla-75952154106&adtype=pla&crdt=0

there is even a used one on ebay.
    I use the 3 bike version on the back of my MH, it is a bit fiddly to set u initially but after that is great.

3. Speve

Speve Funster

I had Fiamma carry bike on the back of our old Autotrail and it could carry four bikes I adapted it by moving and red riling rails to accomodate a trike it worked really well and could get my own bike on as well.