rac

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by meggie, Jan 5, 2015.

1. meggie

meggie Funster

Can anyone recommend break down cover,I was with rac for five years, first time i call them out they said i was to big at 27feet so left me on the side of the had to make my own way home lucky i was just 24 mile from home this was in October,was on phone when I got home,it taken 3 mouth to sort out, thay refund my money back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gasman2008

gasman2008 Read Only Funster

you need motorhome breakdown cover. I got mine from the AA included with the insurance. Never had to use it so I don't know how good it is

• Like Like x 1
  3. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Normally if you are over 3.5t then you have to get breakdown cover with your insurance company, ie Comfort ins, Safeguard ins, both of these cover mhs with NO limits on weight or length so you may want to look at getting this sort when your existing mh ins runs out, or try your ins company !!!!!!!! Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

4. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

got mine with Saga, have all our vehicle insurances with them, much cheaper for us that any other quotes we got but at least as good cover in each case
    like gasman though, never had to use them - yet - (touch wood!) o_O

5. icantremember

icantremember Funster

The RAC will cover any size/weight motorhome under their "Arrival" scheme but you also have to be a member of the Camping & Caravan Club.

6. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I have motorhome breakdown insurance through Comfort, which is with the rac with no limits. Though mine is for Europe, in the UK my first call is to the AA but rarely use the motorhome in the UK.

7. meggie

meggie Funster

Yes that right you have to pay extra £50 to be member of a club i do not wot to be in.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

I've posted this before. Now I can't find it.

Oh here it is.....

Quotelinedirect

Not had to call them out but service online and by phone was excellent when setting it all up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

ADAC..

• Like Like x 1
  10. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

Unfortunately their cover is not good enough for UK use. Bear in mind repatriation is to Germany. I had this conversation with them directly and they were happy to sell me the policy but advised against it due to the above. I know many members here are ADAC members and very happy with them however I suggest the rules for new members may not be the same as for renewals.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

@mjltigger I have been considering ADAC but it looks like a minefield for new members :eek: I like the idea of repatriation but from what you are saying it excludes UK?

Actually I want breakdown cover for EU and like the idea of repatriation in the event of some medical emergency..... guess I will have to buy Travel Insurance for that one and take the inclusive breakdown cover with Safeguard :confused:

12. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

Some of us have mentioned that a FlexPlus account with Nationwide will cost you £10 per month BUT gives 180 days European breakdown cover + worldwide personal travel cover "free". So far no-one has "used" it to the best of my knowledge but it is provided via Britannia Rescue, so should be OK. It covers MHs to 7.5T and 8m, so suits me.

AND I earn £5 pm interest by keeping £2500 in the account, so the total cost of both insurances (plus other benefits) is £60pa: a bargain - Gordon

• Like Like x 1