RAC ARIVAL--renewal (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Just joined the ADAC, but was concerned to learn that we are not covered for medical cover in the country you reside in, or in Germany, because German residents have their own medical cover so the ADAC do not offer it !:Sad:

And which uk breakdown co offers medical cover????:Smile:BUSBY

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Beyond me this is, gf for mh is £107 , rang them today and they wouldn't budge, but if I go to http://www.european-breakdown-cover.com/Home.aspx?r=9&gclid=CJixifD8prwCFWITwwodVVUAiQ
I can get the same gf cover for £65, asked the gf woman how this is and she confirmed that they are doing gf but couldn't tell me why it was half their price.
There's got to be a catch somwhere:Eeek:

Look at Keypoints of policy - can't see any mention of cover in UK only Mainland Europe which does not list UK except Isle of Man, and Channel Islands.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Excellent result Terry.

One thing people using ADAC should check if the AA is their agent in the uk is that vehicles over 3.5 ton and 7 m are covered as the normal AA does not recover vehicle that big 3.5ton limit.

ADAC covers Motorhomes up to 7.5t, 10m long, and 3.2m high, and if in UK the AA will get the job to do your breakdown with its own patrol van for the initial breakdown, but will use a contractor if m/h over the AA limits for a recovery if required. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Look at Keypoints of policy - can't see any mention of cover in UK only Mainland Europe which does not list UK except Isle of Man, and Channel Islands.

Yes, that's it, your right, not sure I need uk cover , never had any yet, so might go for it:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
UK is in Europe :thumb:::bigsmile:This is a very old post :winky:
terry

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Ok. Sadly can't read German but here is extract from AA t&cs.

Vehicle specifications
Breakdown assistance is only available for cars, vans, minibuses or motorcycles which meet the specifications set out below.
Please note that “car, van, minibus or motorcycle” does not include, amongst other things, electric pavement vehicles, electrical wheelchairs, bicycles (including electric bicycles), any vehicle which cannot lawfully be used on the public highway and/or any non-motorised vehicle.
Maximum Vehicle Weight: 3.5 tonnes (3,500kg) gross vehicle weight Maximum Vehicle Width: 7ft 6in (2.3m)
Assistance will also be provided for a caravan or trailer which was on tow at the time of the breakdown, provided that it falls within the above limits.
For the avoidance of doubt, we do cover electric cars, vans, minibuses and motorcycles.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipitous
Ok. Sadly can't read German but here is extract from AA t&cs.
[HI]This is for cars only, there are exceptions on these dimensions for motorhomes on there t&cs Regards Garry Flatpackchicken[/HI]

Can you advise link to website t/CS please as AA gave me a refund 2 years ago because they wouldn't recover the 4.5ton MH when I renewed membership.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Can you advise link to website t/CS please as AA gave me a refund 2 years ago because they wouldn't recover the 4.5ton MH when I renewed membership.

Your right they "The AA wont"

BUT "They The AA" will when acting as agents for CCC arrival or when acting as agents for ADAC

Of course you have to join either the CCC Arrival scheme or ADAC recovery to get these benifits from the AA
Hope that is clear
Geo
As an aside anyone who joins the CCC Arival scheme and the AA and later decides they dont really need the CCC membership for whatever reason should be aware that cancelling the CCC membership reverts cover to standard AA cover Only and the weight and legnth restriction will be applied vigorously

Last edited:

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
Geo. I think Arrival is RAC not AA.