RAC ARIVAL--renewal

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Terry, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi all, I am with RAC ARIVAL and although I have been more than happy the date is looming for renewal.Is there anything that gives the same cover cheaper :BigGrin:
    I want over 3.5 ton (4.2) recovery and cover for any vehicle I am driving namely the car :Rofl1: No overseas required
    Presently paying around £90 ish and then got to pay C&CC at just short of £40 which I can do without this year if I have to :Wink: because we only use a couple of small sites and can find alternatives/wild
    terry
    PS the personal cover limits the alternatives

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Some folk are raving about ADAC:thumb:

3. Terry

Terry Funster

Cheers Geo :thumb: but I think they only cover vehicle and not personal --- Not 100 % sure but it may be only RAC & AA who do personal cover :thumb: unless funsters know better :BigGrin:
    terry

4. patr

patr Read Only Funster

Terry

ADAC covers the member, so any vehicle you drive from scooter to motorhome will be eligible for their service which, in the UK, is provided by the AA.

Pat

5. Terry

Terry Funster

Anybody got a British link ? just read you have to have German residence ?
    terry

6. patr

patr Read Only Funster

Terry

Email this lady or give her a ring.

stefanie.schleifer@adac.de

0049 89 7676 2636

She is highly professional, speaks perfect English and will answer any queries you may have. You can join over the phone using a Credit/Debit card and your membership will start the next day with cards etc arriving within a week.

If you google ADAC and then use the translate button you will see the different levels of service and the MH height/length/weight restrictions. If you email Fr Schleifer she will email you a translation of the levels of cover.

We have PartnerPlus which covers us throughout Europe with some very extensive levels of cover eg air medivac.

Pat

7. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Another thread on ADAC with a link in the first post, any EU addy is ok
    Geo

8. Terry

Terry Funster

RESULT--- Phoned RAC up today with the intention of cancelling and joining the ADAC people :thumb: Long story short- went through the press 1 -etc to get put onto a nice young lady who asked why I was leaving - told her I had no problem with the RAC but did not want / need the C&CC @ £40 so was leaving to join the ADAC--- She said if I stayed with the RAC I could have the ARIVALS membership for £53.50 :thumb: and seeing as I am still a member of C&CC until next month at renewal time I did not have to still be a member of C&CC saving the £40 on that
    rac renewal £87.50
    NEW PRICE £53.50
    = £34 SAVING PLUS £40 ISH on c&cc this year = £74 ish saving total
    I will reserve joining the ADAC for next yr :thumb::thumb: SPOKE TO A LADY FROM THERE AND IT SOUNDS VERY GOOD COVER
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  9. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

I would not be suprised that in order to benifit from the Arival scheme current C&CC membership is a requirement (small print) and membership card shown at the same time as RAC card to the recovery man:Doh:
    Ask them to confirm in an e-mail what has been said, belive a telephone conversation at your peril
    Geo

• Like Like x 1
  10. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Geo already asked :thumb: Also the call was recorded by them :thumb: and I took her name time and date stipulating I had same membership IE Arivals and did not have to be a C&CC member :thumb:
    terry

11. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Geo, they are sending me a email to confirm :thumb::Wink:Nothing can be said that can not be written :BigGrin::Wink:
    terry

12. Terry

Terry Funster

:Eeek::Eeek::censored:2:swear: Got a call from RAC man and they have now said C&CC is a must for recovery they made a mistake :Angry: Told him I wanted to speak to a supervisor (complain spoke to 2 different people and 3rd to apologize) and to stick the membership (30yrs plus) where the sun don't shine :BigGrin: Apparently they would still offer roadside assistance but not recovery = no good
    So it now looks like ADAC gets a call tomorrow or Monday :thumb:
    terry

13. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

You get a lot for your bucks with ADAC

You get one hell a lot for your bucks with ADAC.. the UK cover is provided by the AA and it covers all Europe and countries joining the med... it is a lot more than just a breakdown service and my wife is covered..any car, any camper (in my case a 5.5 ton Winnebago RV)..

Very very comprehensive cover.

Bob:thumb:

14. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi guys :thumb: I have done it :BigGrin::thumb: Joined ADAC 2 mins ago -Sent Stefanie a email with address details so it only took 2 mins for her to answer my questions and grab my money :Rofl1: (79.50 EUROS) off my credit card.:thumb: She is forwarding all info via email (to-day)and through the post within 2 weeks.Dead simple to do :thumb:

The RAC rang me Saturday morning and said sorry but they had made a mistake :Angry:I explained I would have been running around thinking I was covered but would not have been :Eeek:It appears the RAC only covers up to 3.5 ton and the C&CC pays for anything above that hence you have to be a member of both --- they must split the money you pay to the RAC :Smile:--ANYONE on Arivals must show the RAC membership and C&CC card to get anything more than roadside assistance.
    Thanks Geo :thumb: for reminding me of my own golden rule - Nothing can be said that cannot be written :Wink:
    terry

15. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

I think i have been ripped off
    My RAC arrivals cover was £170 for the year plus my C&CC membership
    i paid the renewal as i do travel to Europe at least once a year so need the cover

any one else pay more or less for their RAC arrivals cover ???

would be interesting to see who pays what

i have a 1999 Georgieboy pursut 7.4 v8 petrol +LPG con
    4.59Kg 27 feet long value £25K 7 years NCB

insurance renewal was £670 road tax £180p/a

so just over £1,000P/A for all the up front costs

16. scran

scran Read Only Funster

rac arrival

our renewal just came today and memebership cost £117 less £29 .45 leaving£87 .55 to pay only covers Steve not me we have renewed c&cc in May so should we be able to haggle to get it for 53 pound like terry was going to get as we are members og club still?

17. Pusser

Pusser Read Only Funster

I've just got RAC breakdown recovery and then I find out that the RAC has been flogged to a private equity firm. Only one thing can happen and they will flog off sections and I wonder what; other than the name, will be left

18. Terry

Terry Funster

:Eeek: YOU REALLY MUST LEARN TO SHOP AROUND :thumb::Rofl1:

Hi Scran simply phone them up press option 1, option 3, option 3 again this should take you to the leaving team.Tell them you are thinking of going else where as it is too dear :thumb:The young lady dropped it to £53.50 straight away :thumb:If you don/t ask you don't get :thumb:
    terry

19. Terry

Terry Funster

I don't believe it

I don't believe it :Eeek: The RAC have took my money :Angry::Angry::Eeek:
    terry

20. Terry

Terry Funster

Getting it back :BigGrin::thumb:

Can anyone tell me which number I ring ADAC on if I break down?
    The card they have sent has a couple of numbers on -all in German
    0 180 2222222
    49 89 222222
    49 89 767676
    would like to know which to phone now rather than if I need to :BigGrin:
    terry