RABIES scare in FRANCE (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
that's bad news that hope they get it fixed there will be a large volume of dogs cat's in that aria and the kitten probably is not the carer and with a three week incubation period it could be all over France by now not exactly a small vilege lots of tourists with with pets
and hers hoping that all the pet owners have there pet's jabbed and cheeked regularly i don't think so

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Rabies

its not a problem for our pets they're done for rabies its us humans that are at risk, if our animals are attacked by a rabid animal and we try to separate them we are not
Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
humans can have rabies jabs . i used to have them when we were going deeper into africa .
three jabs a couple of weeks apart . get them and yellow fever jabs if going deep into africa orsouth america , india .
although india is only the rabies .

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've been going to France since 2005, taking our dogs with us since then and have never had a problem as they are fully vaccinated against rabies. I note that there was an outbreak in 2008 and we never even heard about that so don't see why this would cause any problems now. The ONLY possibly problem would be for someone permanently exporting a dog or cat there which was not vaccinated (this is only required for bringing it back to the UK AFAIK), in which case they would be very, very stupid! :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back