Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Never though i would ever consider an rv,but trawling through endless motorhomes looking for something with the right layout i spotted this one,and thought wow,that is perfect for our needs,you get a lot for your money thats for sure.
Broken Link Removed

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Are you the broker for this by chance or do you just happen to share the same name I wonder...aah you share just the same first name, apologies.

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Are you the broker for this by chance or do you just happen to share the same name I wonder.
didn't notice till you mentioned it.but chris is a common enough name in the uk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Too big for me, I guess you have already thought about where you are going to use it and have decided you can get in and park, if not you need to. Not seen a lot of use at just over 1000 miles a year.

Martin

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Too big for me, I guess you have already thought about where you are going to use it and have decided you can get in and park, if not you need to. Not seen a lot of use at just over 1000 miles a year.

Martin
parking at home would not be a problem,where i park off siting would not be a problem,i guess parking on some sites could be an issue,but the sites i use have huge amount of room for RV's.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
that is perfect for our needs,

which are ?

how do you plan to use it.. etc..

having owned a 36ft Georgieboy pusher, I can say that it does fit some needs.. like living full time.. going to shows.. owned it for 5 years, 3 years fulltime, but it was awful for touring and finding suitable sites requires some forward planning and they are, despite the nay sayers, expensive to run and maintain.. RV owners need deep pockets.

you are limited to where you can go, where you can park.. where you can site, ask yourself this.. if they are so desirable why are they so cheap?

not putting your idea down.. but put a rational head on.. don't let your heart rule your head .. think it through.. they are easy to buy.. a nightmare to sell.. I lost a bundle on mine..

Go to RVOC and ask and you will only get positive replies.. RV owners rarely admit the problems.. ask ex owners for truthful replies..

On here I've seen at least four or five sold in the past few years.. maybe more..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
With the right RV you certainly get lots for your money. Compared to the large European Motorhomes they are as cheap to run. We laugh at some German vans that cost 5 times as much our yank C Class and are not even half as good.

My advice for what it's worth. Do not go even an inch bigger than 32ft. That's enough space for anyone and you'll pretty much get anywhere.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We were happy with our euro van when we parked up next to this and heard tails of getting stuck down country lanes and in the Toll lanes etc etc its not just length that matters its width and height too!

image.jpeg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think they are cheap second hand because of the running costs. Like big posh cars, the first owner can afford them but older and second hand the running cost are still as big or bigger so price plummets. So if you can afford to run one and know the problems size bring then incredible bargains are out there.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
and heard tails of getting stuck down country lanes and in the Toll lanes etc

The first French toll we went through in a 35ft long 13ft high, 100' wide RV seemed really small, but after that they were OK. As for getting stuck that RV owner couldn't have been stuck as he was there with you on a site, he'd still be somewhere stuck if he was really stuck ;)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have recently sold ( due to licence downgrade) our 29 ft Four Winds Siesta RV , twin slides etc., which we bought new five years ago, we went everywhere . Now down to 3500 kgs eurovan and it is hard, so little space , oh how we miss the RV :crying:
No big deal in running costs, on lpg , mpg equated to 18 mpg , good for 6.5 ton and no LEZ restriction.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
its not just length that matters its width and height too!

As we found out in Spain, many sites just can't accommodate a big RV.. low branches, narrow access roads can make it impossible .. lost count of the times we drove up to a site in Spain and had to reverse out.. been stuck so many times, it became stressful when visiting unknown places.. so much so it took the pleasure out of touring.. and once on site.. you stay put.. you don't go out sightseeing in it..

I've read on RV forums that you can go anywhere with a big RV that a bus or bin lorry can.. really.. but they don't care about hedges and overhead branches.. they don't pay for the damage..

lovely to drive on the Motorway .. you are king of the road... nightmare on B roads

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
As we found out in Spain, many sites just can't accommodate a big RV.. low branches, narrow access roads can make it impossible .. lost count of the times we drove up to a site in Spain and had to reverse out.. been stuck so many times, it became stressful when visiting unknown places.. so much so it took the pleasure out of touring.. and once on site.. you stay put.. you don't go out sightseeing in it..

I've read on RV forums that you can go anywhere with a big RV that a bus or bin lorry can.. really.. but they don't care about hedges and overhead branches.. they don't pay for the damage..

lovely to drive on the Motorway .. you are king of the road... nightmare on B roads

Jim , every RV is not 36' long and 12' high, I can understand the potential problems with one that size.
In Spain, Portugal and over here we never had a problem with ours , but it still had so many advantages over a eurovan in space and comfort.
I think @Jim probably finds it much the same with his.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim , every RV is not 36' long and 12' high, I can understand the potential problems with one thst size.
In Spain, Portugal and over here we never had a problem with ours , but it still had so many advantages over a eurovan in space and comfort.
I think @Jim probably finds it much the same with his.

36ft long, 100' wide and 13ft high, a recipe for disaster for relaxed touring in Europe. OK for fulltiming spending a long time on sites or rallies in fields it's fine. I'm sure ScotJims experience would have been much better with a compromise. Say A 24-28ft RV with a 12ft slide. Not so many of those around though when Jim did it.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We love our RV. Looked at several Motorhomes but this ticked all the boxes. It's only a baby at 28ft and no slide outs but we have plenty of really comfy space. It suits us as we travel a lot in the uk and as our weather isn't always great we find it really comfy to stay in. We've only found were too big for a few sites that we tried but other than that no problems. We went all through France last summer, over the mountains and right down to Cannes and didn't find any difficulty finding sites, although a few of the villages were narrow and made for interesting driving, we didn't get stuck anywhere though. Ours is converted to run on LPG and we get around 22 mpg equivalent which for an 8lt engine is ok. The biggest downfall for me is due to the LPG we can't use euro tunnel which is definitely my preferred way to cross the channel.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
we have been looking at RV's as i came to conclusion that 30ft was the max as most sites seem to allow this. The one we were looking at was a Thor Vegas Motorcoash ACE which is 30.1 so still within the 30ft. The only trouble is for us there are no 2nd hand models of this range as i think they are new. The cost of these are cheaper than the Carthago Chic E Line we were looking at previously and for us it is a compromise as we want more space but not huge like the 36ft ones available. Although sometimes they look appealing based on price.

We are still deciding as buying new is as we know a lot of money to lose.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have to smile when people say they get stuck down country lanes and in tolls. They don't get 'stuck', unless they are completely stupid!
I have over the past 44 years driven artics all over the UK and Europe and the middle east. From massive warehouses on equally massive industrial estates, to small cottage industries down some of the smallest 'country lanes' imaginable.
From tiny industries in the Austrian mountains, to small businesses in the heart of Paris, Brussels, Hamburg, Vienna, Rome, and Amsterdam, etc;. I have never, ever, been 'stuck'.
Careful, you have to be, and to know the size and weight of your vehicle is a must, and to know instinctively if it will fit.
Size can be restrictive, so can front wheel drive. It's horses for courses.

Craig

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I will say that that is almost identical in layout to the one I rented in the States. The worst bit was the lack of comfort in the pop out bed from the settee, everything else was fine including the 8 - 10 mpg when the fuel was much cheaper anyway.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That is a 6.5 L diesel. What would the fuel consumption be , anyone know ?
12-14 mpg?
Additionally being over 10m isn't that the MH maximum length on the boats ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
They don't get 'stuck', unless they are completely stupid!

put me in the stupid category then :rolleyes:

You cannot possible foresee every obstacle or problem.. even with the best maps and a wealth of experience .. 'stuck' means going somewhere you have to reverse out of, or having do a 9 point turn .... stuck is going into a site then finding low branches.. and having to reverse back along a narrow site road.. stuck can be coming across an unexpected road closure with a diversion that is totally unsuitable for your outfit.. stuck can be many things.. and you don't need to be stupid to get 'stuck'... it happens to everyone with a bit outfit,.. sooner or later..

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Chris I've no doubt you know enough of the ins and outs if owning a RV the main question is would you use it or get a hankering for a canal boat again, :xsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back