R U happy with your current wheels? (1 Viewer)

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
We are happy with ours.........for the moment, but will make a change sometime in the near future. We tend to focus more on being OUT of the MH, so as long as the inside is functional, then it'll do. This is however, the wrong layout for us with a large rear bed and massive garage, the garage is usefull...but two single beds is our ideal. This particular model, has a design fault it appears, with the shower tray, so would not stand too much "off piste" use........having spent a fair bit of time looking around, we are heading toward an RV for the future, whoever buys the current one will get a nice motor, as its being gone over with a fine toothcomb.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi darklord .google overland vehicles .you could go off road with one of these.
you could build your own as you want it.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Love the wheels-nice alloys ::bigsmile:
However van seems to have shrunk whilst at Marjal-so,first stop at Peterborough will be the Geist stand ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Don't do it, fatal move visiting and looking at their stand......:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Our first 2 vans were not quite right, but had the Geist for a year now and love it, just come back from Germany/France/Portugal trip with no major issues, this vans a "keeper"

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
VWalan, you are a very naughty chappie.............:ROFLMAO:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Yes
We got it right 1st time too :thumb:
Had the upholstery redone and its now perfect in every way.
We plan on keeping it till the kids no longer want to come , even then we may still keep it .

We cant quite make our minds up about going down the panel van route yet.
Lots of pro's but a few cons. Once there are less cons , we may downsize , maybe another 5 year or so .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi .did you find one that could suit you. come on it does say offroading on your avatar.
mind google mitsubishi canter 4x4 .i do and have to think hard if i should change the truck.
toys for boys .hee hee.and girls if they want one.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
that was the mistake we made.. bought a van with only a dinette ..:Doh:

we had a lovely big toilet and separate shower in the rear, .. but no use when you want to relax .. so I agree about having a U shaped lounge, trying to relax at a diner table is nigh on impossible..many things are a compromise but I wouldn't compromise on daytime relaxing ..

For your next van, lose the dinette and have U shaped lounge with a table .. works well for a couple..

Exactly my thoughts. That's why we only kept our Hymer for 8 months. No comfort at all. Well that was apart from the huge overcab bed but we're too old to keep climbing up those silly wee ladders. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
that was the mistake we made.. bought a van with only a dinette ..:Doh:

we had a lovely big toilet and separate shower in the rear, .. but no use when you want to relax .. so I agree about having a U shaped lounge, trying to relax at a diner table is nigh on impossible..many things are a compromise but I wouldn't compromise on daytime relaxing ..

For your next van, lose the dinette and have U shaped lounge with a table .. works well for a couple..
This is why we chose this layout

Attachments

• motorhome.jpg
    motorhome.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 21

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Exactly my thoughts. That's why we only kept our Hymer for 8 months. No comfort at all. Well that was apart from the huge overcab bed but we're too old to keep climbing up those silly wee ladders. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Our's was a Karmann, lovely van, top spec and really well made.. and as I said, the toilet and shower were fabulous.
It was great in the summer when you relax outside most of the time, but come winter it was shear purgatory trying to relax at a pullman table with two kids.. so it had to go.. and I vowed then never to have another van without a decent lounge area.. may as well have a tent ..

Our little caravan is only 12ft but it has full length 6ft lounge seats which can be used as a two singles or made up to a giant double.. When you get to a certain age (as I've discovered) you need your afternoon nap .. can't do that in a dinette ..

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Only been Motorhoming 8 months and are loving our little van:thumb: working hard and saving the pennies to invest in a fixed bed motorhome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back