Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Any funster out there who's dog and lifelong friend has passed away,we now know how they must feel,this is TINA who was 17 years old,we always thought she would last for ever but we were fooling ourselves,funsters might
recognise her from her photo the wee old age pensioner that was slow but never gave on her walks about the sites,you don't realise how close you get to your dog until the're gone ,sorry for being so morbid this is supposed
to be a fun site,i just thought it would be fitting for her as a lot of people new her from our travels thanks, jabbaman R.I.P. TINA XX :Sad::Sad:

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Sorry to hear that, always an awful thing to have to come to terms with..

Best of luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Sorry to hear the news. I know exctly how you feel. Been there several times over the years. Only good thing is that you have your memories.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Sorry to hear of your loss of a best pal, they really do become so close to their human friends and it is hard to imagine life without them.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Condolences from me too. They are family & it's the hardest part of being an animal lover, accepting that we live longer than they do and we have tough decisions to make.

She had a long and happy life with you, and no dog asks for more than that.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
so sorry to hear that Tina has passed away.

She had a good life and her owners loved her which is more than many animals these days have.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Always a hard time when you lose a 4 legged friend - the passing is sad but the memories are with you for ever

mummysboy

Free Member
Jul 10, 2011
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
2 berth
Exp
sorry for your loss i had three before christmas i lost one in january to cancer it was a very emotional time...............

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
so sorry to hear this sad news, I have lost two of my much loved pets and it is a horrid time they are part of your Family.

I am left with one little pet now Buddy who is 6 years old.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Dreadfully sorry to hear of your loss.

It really hurts does it not.

I lost Bruno earlier this year and struggling to get over loosing him.

My thought are with you.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Very hard to lose a pet no matter how expected it may be. She had a long and good life with you and that's all you can give them while they're here.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
So sorry to hear of your loss. Having lost my beloved OAP pooch recently I know how awful it feels. :cry:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Its very hard to type with tears in my eyes :cry: what a wonderful age you should be very proud of the fact your dog had a great life with a loving family.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Sorry to hear your sad news, it's like losing one of the family, we too lost our shih tzu X yorkie and he was 17 yrs old, we last 6 months before we got another as missed him so much, now we have Toby (shih tzu) he's 2 so got lots of years to enjoy him

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks to you all YOU

The responce about TINA has been unbelievable ,we appreciate all the kind words,it brings it home that we are not alone and that other funsters
have lost their faithful companions and to them we send heartfelt thoughts,thanks again,jabbaman

Cumbrian_Georgie

Free Member
Jun 7, 2011
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your family. Our boys are 10 and 14, we hope for many more years with them yet.

Katie.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I lost my pet too!

I really sympathise. I lost my 17-year old cat, Kitty and I still miss her!:cry:

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
Sorry to hear your sad news , we know how you feel our daughters dog passed away suddenly last month he was only 8yrs old , he was a big part of the family and we all still miss him dearly :Sad:
Our thoughts are with you .

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Sorry to hear about Tiina, you should be proud that she lived to such a good age, it shows how well cared for and loved she was. We understand how you are feeling at the moment as we have been there many times.

Sneezles

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
Oh that is so sad. It is so heartbreaking when they leave us as when they are alive they fill our lives but leave such a big hole when they are gone.
RIP Tina

OP
OP
jabbaman1

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
TINA

Thanks to everyone once again for your kind words,my wife and i can't believe how many genuine lovely people there are amongst us motorhomers,THANKYOU,jabbaman

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Remember all the fun and comradery you had...As you say, they become so much a part of your life.

Sorry to hear of your loss...:Sad:

Dafodil

Free Member
May 6, 2011
surrey
Funster No
MH
Golden oldie
Exp
A whole year!
My lovely Blake died last Sunday.....He was only 8.....God it's hard without him...So know exactly how your feeling.

Wherever I go i'm at a loss without my little shadow..even putting the washing out is hard!!

I have another dog....but we don't have the same bond....he's totally lost too...so working hard to cheer him up.....

It's devastating...& you still get those that think your totally mad!! of the, "it's only a dog" brigade
I pity them....for not having the "privilege" of unconditional love..........How lucky are we to share these short but lovely years.................

My thoughts are with you..............

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

God bless you I know just how you feel x

Dafodil

Free Member
May 6, 2011
surrey
Funster No
MH
Golden oldie
Exp
A whole year!
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

God bless you I know just how you feel x
God you've set me off again.................I wanted a "dry" day today!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back