Quote for Peugeot service.Unbelievable explanation.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Neckender, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Following on from wingmans thread on Peugeot servicing costs, I've taken our 2014 Peugeot Auto Sleeper coach built to the local Peugeot dealers for some warranty work as it's raining in behind the dash above the foot pedals.
    Anyway I booked it in for it's first service on the 2nd March , and was gob smacked with the £418 quote, so I asked why it was so dear.

This is the reason that the young desk jockey gave me, because it's a motorhome it requires more oil.

My response it's an ordinary panel van with coach built body same amount of oil.

His response err, err, oh it's the same as an ambulance and there's more work needed on the service.
    Anyway I gave up with this and booked it in to keep my warranty, I know that I can go to a vat registered garage and as long as they use Peugeot parts and oil warranty will still be covered, but I don't want any future problems if warranty work is required.

John.

• Like Like x 2
  2. teensvan99

teensvan99 Funster

These types of garages are out for one thing your money and not any loyalty you the customer

• Like Like x 4
  3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

That is just EXTORTIONATE ... please do NOT give them your business!

• Like Like x 6
  4. lorger

lorger Funster

First think id do would be get in touch with their aftersales or service manager and tell him what you were told. Ask if they record the calls and ask him to explain why its so expensive.

• Like Like x 4
  5. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

That is truly extortionate. I paid around £300 for the last service, and that included something being repaired. Can't remember what it was now though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Then ring the next nearest agent to get a price off them. I wouldn't give them my business, if the kid didn't have anything sensible to say he should have sed nowt!

• Like Like x 2
  7. MikeD

MikeD Funster

My local Fiat dealer just said I needed a oil and filter change at the first service. I would look for another dealer.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

And please write to the owner/chairman or whoever is at the top and tell him what wad said to you and that you will not recommended his garage..also might be an idea to email /write to Peugeot themselves....i paid a great deal less than that for a major service and mot....Roy

• Like Like x 3
  9. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Just been on Peugeot Crewe website and they are quoting £493.66p dearer still.
    I am going to shop around and get a quote from an independent garage only problem I can see if there are any ecu updates.
    John.

• Like Like x 1
  10. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

I've had over 20 vehicles in the last 25 years and have NEVER let them touch my vehicles unless it was warranty work. I always supplied receipts for the services and was never refused warranty issues. My local reliable garage who CAN repair vehicles rather than replace parts has always looked after my Motor homes servicing. My last service was a full lube and filter changes along with total brake strip and alko greasing. Cost including vat was £225. Over £60 was the liquid gold.
    Dealer loyalty means nothing so think hard before getting ripped off as a loyal customer.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

:)
    You say your van is 2014, first service due at 28,000m or 2 years (2 years only applies to UK converted Motorhomes).
    I will probably take mine in for a service when it is a bit over 2 years old (out of warranty) at my local independent about £110, they charge £20 +vat for fully synthetic oil for a 2.3 X250.

Fiat dealers around here charge about £250 for a low mileage service, not everything is dearer down south.:)

• Like Like x 3
  12. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Lenny are you sure?

My Fiat based German converted motorhome has a 2 year / 28,000 mile service period. And it only has a 2 year warranty, whereas the OP's UK converted Fiat has a 3 year warranty with the additional year provided by insurance I understand.

13. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Not Fiat but Peugeot 2.2 130bhp.

John.

14. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Have heard that Peugeot servicing is expensive but that does sound extremely excessive - we had to get our Ford recategorised on their system as the first quote for its first service was like yours so think they have a category that is "Motorhomes - customer must be loaded so charge top whack!" :eek: Had to point out that it should cost no more than a Transit van to service & less checks to do as hab area not their concern. As posted on other thread this years Interim Service will be £150, £45 for brake fluid replacement (every 2 years) but not had major service yet as mileage too low.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dogeared

Dogeared Funster

Mines due for its first service next month. Can anyone recommend a decent garage in Blackburn?

Cheers Baz

16. musson

musson Funster

Thats excessive I paid £480 inc vat for Fiat x250 service,hab check and MOT this was Brownhills, they also fitted drive shaft seal under warranty.

• Like Like x 1
  17. raysalaugh

raysalaugh Funster

Sorry can't think of a single decent garage in Blackburn I would trust to service my motorhome, my previous motorhome
    was serviced by Plox Motors at Tarleton, a family run business I would recommened.

Ray

• Like Like x 1
  18. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

At those prices it is worth checking what the service price would be in France or Spain.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Don't go to Stuart Longtons in Chorley, they said they had done an oil and filter/air filter on mine and they hadn't. It was FOC but it pissed me off.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

yes that's right 3 years on a UK conversion, 2 on our Hymers as the converter is outside the UK as the chassis was supplied to Germany.

• Like Like x 1