Quiet, not busy?? Campsite in South France during French Easter Hols??? (1 Viewer)

Cocoro

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Is it too much to ask? Anyone know of any nice campsites in the Provence or Languedoc regions during the French Easter Hols? Don't get me wrong, I like kids, I went to school with them, but I would like to avoid busy, noisy fun filled atmospheres for that two weeks if poss.

I know a river or any kind of water is a beacon for family's planning camping holidays but a site next to or near one so we can fish or kayak would be great!

Too much to ask????

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Its to early for the French. Sites are usually quiet at easter. Was in Biarritz couple of years ago at easter, site very quiet.

OP
OP
C

Cocoro

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Its to early for the French. Sites are usually quiet at easter. Was in Biarritz couple of years ago at easter, site very quiet.

Thanks Busby for your reply. I don't mean for the Easter weekend but for the French school half term break in April. Their school holidays begin I believe on the 13th and end on the 29th or so I have read on the web on various expat sites.

One site recommended to me by a friend who told me it's very quiet and not busy at Easter is totally booked up for that two week period and for the week after too! And that's supposed to be a 'not well known' quiet site.

I've been using my MH's for the past ten years but never really 'holiday'd' in them in the summer, preferring campsites in the winter around the Baltic (strange I know!). But with this one I'm trying it but filled with dread at the thought of overcrowded sites buzzing with the shrieking noise of other peoples 'happiness'! Am I stereotyping too much here?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back