Quick release lpg connectors (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I have French & Spanish propane bottles together with their respective regulators.

At present when I am in those countries, I undo the jubilee clip from the 8mm gas hose from my calor bottle and attach the hose from my 'foreign' bottle to the supply tubing with the jubilee clip but this often involves cutting a couple of cm from the pipe as it has stuck to the copper tubing.

I have found these quick release connectors on Ebay and wondered if any funsters have any experience of them...

!BYsps-!CGk-$(KGrHgoOKiQEjlLmZ!24BKi81WVLGg--_12.JPG

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Might be ok after the regulator but not so sure about putting it before it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Use them all the time. For bottle so I can swap between patio heater and cadac quickly. Also had them on folding camper external point to cadac.

Deleted User
I used them on our last caravan for the same reason but on the low pressure side, after the regulator, don't think that they could be used on the high pressure pipe to a fixed regulator as the hoses have crimped and sealed ends.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Not for high pressure!

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Just re read your post, do you mean after the regulator? if so then they will be fine

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
@ianthebuilder has 2 of them ( the female part) on the underside of his van. We assumed that they are for either back feeding the van from bottles when no bulk lpg available & for using barbecue/outside cooker.
They have valves before them & are on the low side after the regulator.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
have used them for years. so much quicker to disconnect a cylinder and attach to barbeque or other appliance without messing with the regulator. they used to be expensive and hard to source, but can now be found for under £5 a set

in fact i have an extension hose in the garage somewhere i made up so i could keep the bbq/cadac further from the side of the van

OP
OP
namwaldog
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Yes, each bottle has its own regulator and a length of hose which is currently connected to the inlet copper tubing. I am considering attaching (say) the female side of the QR connector to each length of lpg hose that comes from the regulator on the gas bottles and then the male side attached to the inlet copper tubing so the connector will be AFTER the regulator.

Are they connected hand tight or with spanners etc

Deleted User
Flow is towards loose connector so what you are intending should be correct. They connect without any tools by sliding back the sleeve on the female connector, connecting to the hose can be a bit tight but I dipped the end of the hose in hot water for a few minutes first then tighten with good quality jubilee clips.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Male and female just push together and you pull the sleeve back on female end to release male part. But not self sealing so turn off at bottle first.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back