Quick question for any Switzerland visitors (1 Viewer)

Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
I've been trying to remember if I've seen MHs going through customs at Basel. I can't. Either I've just been unlucky or they go through a different lane. So my question is, do you MH travellers follow the left hand lane - marked with a car - or the right hand van/truck lane which veers off to the right?

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
If you are under 3.5 tonnes buy vignette at service station before border take car lane. Over 3.5 tonnes follow freight sign and buy a limited time vignette and then you have so many days to stay

Upvote 0

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
If you are under 3.5 tonnes buy vignette at service station before border take car lane. Over 3.5 tonnes follow freight sign and buy a limited time vignette and then you have so many days to stay

last year when I traveled the trucks lorrys where pulling off earlier than the border crossing I thought I had to pull off with them being 4.5t so I stupidly joined in the queue. Another person indicated to me I didnt have to do this so I carried on to the border where a guard pointed me to the office to fill vignette out and pay.

Bloke handed me form which totally baffled me but luckily a nice coach driver showed me what to do. I still have time on my vignette for this years journey to Italy but not for return so I may try a different route home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Don't join the trucks, you will be waiting for ages. Just drive in the car lane and stop by the man looking at the traffic and he will point you in the right direction to get vignette from lady in booth if under 3.5t or from the office if over 3.5t. We were 4.5t and he even filled out the form for us.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SwissBob
Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
Thanks all, it was just one of those silly things that came to mind. When leaving Switzerland at Basel the van and truck lane is actually a different road altogether. The car lane on the French side has a chicane that I don't think will be a problem for the 6 or 6.5 m van we're looking for but some of you monster MH drivers must have fun with that :unsure:-

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back