Quick Gennie question ........ (1 Viewer)

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Sure the 5 year warranty should apply? Failing which, a s75 claim on credit card :Eeek: I suppose there are problems with all makes and suppliers of everything, its just how they handle problems that is really important........
Unfortunately it has run out , it was also used commercially which also effects the warrenty no doubt we'll get it sorted in the end depending on whether the organisation that owns it want to carry on with it, they hardly ever used it which hasn't helped, it was only there as a back up power supply on one of the local SOS buses.

OP
OP
camcondor

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
After loads of deliberating, I have ordered a brand new eu20i from Lings in Norfolk as they seemed to have the best deal when vat and courier etc was added up to all the others. Just over £1K all in, with free cover (usually £35). Plus they are a real life business I have actually seen, not just an anonymous warehouse shipping boxes via Ebay. Used the CCard as always with these big purchases so a bit of extra protection.

I was tempted by someone flogging low usage eu20i's for £700 but no warranty and meet them somewhere on the motorway to pick it up, or drive to premises in Rotherham :Eeek: rather not, I thought.

Now how to secure it from thieving wotsits when its in use outside motorhome.......I seem to remember a few people having chains cut with boltcutters etc.to pinch the gennie! What do you do to secure yours when in use?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back