Question re TV Aerial Splitter devices (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

In the 'van we have a TV Aerial Amplifier in the wardrobe. That is where the aerial lead from the 'Flying Saucer' aerial (Yes I know:ROFLMAO:) arrives inside the van.
Also in the wardrobe is an aerial lead which comes into the van via a purpose made Vision Plus exterior aerial socket. This was apparently fitted by one of the previous owners in order that a Vision Plus (other brands are available) aerial can be fitted to the back ladder.

So far we haven't had any problems using the flying saucer but I'm sure there will come a time when I have to get the directional aerial out.
NB. Please don't tell me to remove the already fitted Saucer. It sits above the cooker and a directional aerial can't be fitted or accessed there.

Here comes the question. The terminals for 'Aerials' have F Type connectors, as does the Amplifier. Rather than have the situation where I have to unscrew and rescrew the aerials from the Amplifier depending on which aerial I am using, would it be feasible to fit a TV Aerial 'Splitter' immediately below the Amplifier using the Splitter in reverse so that both Aerials enter the Splitter on the 'OUT' and one aerial lead comes out of the IN to connect directly to the Amplifier. In this manner both Aerials would be connected in tandem
(Or would that cause confusion in the signal being received.)

Apologies for the verbosity of this question and any replies will be gratefully received.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You could try these:

Broken Link Removed

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it wont work right as the 2 aerials will work against each other. better to fit quick fit connectors so you can just pull one out and put the alternative in
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Nic Nac,

Thanks for your reply but surely all I would be doing with that would be adding converters. What would that achieve?. The amplifier has F Type connectors. Are you suggesting that I 'convert that terminal as well.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hi Nic Nac,

Thanks for your reply but surely all I would be doing with that would be adding converters. What would that achieve?. The amplifier has F Type connectors. Are you suggesting that I 'convert that terminal as well.

Those are F connectors

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Again,

I replied to Nic Nac without seeing "The Big Ones" answer.

I'll get the converters put on (and create a suitable tail off the Amplifier) so that they aren't working against each other.

Thank you both.

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back