Question Re: Chinese 7" Sat Navs,

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by emmitdb, Sep 1, 2015.

1. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Evening all,

Apparently the Sat Nav supplied to me has non 'up to date' maps.
    I have gone on the "Elitefashion' website and I can see numerous maps that are available to download.

Here comes the question.

Do I only have to download the 'Western Europe' maps and if so, does that include the UK, or do I download the Western Europe maps AND the UK maps as well.
    Thank you in advance.
    The Paracetamols are on standby (I'm non techie) and my Techie son is on standby to calm my fevered brow.

2. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Mine has been delivered the same, and I have know idea whatsoever how to update the maps. So I'm leaving well alone and using it how it came, hope someone replies who can help you.

John.

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

to update the maps, use the supplied wire to attach the sat nav to computer. download the new maps. unzip them to a local folder on your pc. take a copy of the maps folder on the device and save to another folder on computer in case of later problems.

delete only the files you are replacing as you drag and drop the new files into the map folder. reboot the sat nav and youre done. very very easy, just like adding POIs or updating them

• Like Like x 6