question for CC members

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by 2dogs, Sep 22, 2012.

1. 2dogs

2dogs Funster

or anyone who knows please,

we are not members of the club but want to stay at a CC site.

CC web site gives prices for pitches/nights etc ....
    are these members prices?

Cheers,
    2dogs

2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  3. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Nonmembers prices can be up to £10 a night dearer depending on the time of year etc
    The 40 odd quid membership is well worth it, as generally a weeks stay will recoup your fee.

' Spect others will argue, but that is our opinion anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nethernut

Nethernut Read Only Funster

Depending on the site, there are quite a few which are "members only". It normally states in the site info if non members are admitted think it is about £5 extra per pitch night.

5. 2dogs

2dogs Funster

:Doh: Thanks :Doh::Doh::Doh:

next time I'll put my glasses on ...

we are members of the other club but no site in the area

Cheers
    2dogs

6. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

Just had a quick look on thier website, apparently only about half of thier club sites are open to non members those that are charge a £10 per night supplement to non members I would say that you would need to phone the site and check first at least that way you know where you stand. Having been a member for around 8/9 years now I have never actually stayed on a club site so can't say wether they are worth the money even as a member they seem very expensive to me ,I have always used the CL sites which are more my cup of tea. If you like the sites and intend staying more than 4 nights per year it seems logical to become a member at around £40 per year

7. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

We have stayed at a lot of club sites and the standard of cleanliness is brilliant, you do nerd to be a member on some club sites but not on others, it will tell you online, you won't have a book yet if you are not a member.
    Some can be cheaper than cl,s in the winter with midweek discount, and as another poster said, you will get your membership back in a week if you join, then cl,s are then available to you.
    Cl,s are a lot less regimented as we found some club sites to be but we don't mind the rules as it makes everyone behave usually.
    We can tell the difference when we use commercial does as there seems to be more rowdiness.

• Like Like x 1
  8. maz

maz Funster

This is very true. As a solo fulltimer I spent quite a lot of time at Ferry Meadows CC site last winter - cost per night was £8.74 averaged across the week with midweek discount. Hardstanding, 16A hook-up, country park on the doorstep, buses into town every 10 mins - pretty good deal I thought. :Smile:

9. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Ferry Meadows in Peterboro..this has to be in our top 5 of CC Club sites..lovely site and only 10 minutes to town on a bike...and mostly flat..:thumb:...as other posters have said non members do pay a supplement..join the CC you know it makes sense...