Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
We live in the street where they hold the sound island festival at Quex park.We went to bed last night as thousands of revellers walked past our house.At around 22.45 we heard glass shatter and looked out and could only think one of the pricks had smashed a bottle.Went shopping and on our return i spotted the near side quarter light shattered.Police came and took some pictures but couldnt find anything that could have done it on the drive.After i done my own detective work and thinking where it could have come from i walked straight to the spot where i thought it may have landed.Sure enough on the floor behind Julies car was a glass bead like half a marble.The type of thing you buy in a gift shop.It must have been fired from a catapult as it would have needed some real speed behing it to break the glass.We have some one coming to replace the glass tomorrow to the tune of £100 (excess). I called and spoke to the events manager as the "MD" wasn't there today.I told her it was one of their revellers who done it so they should do the decent thing and pay the bill.She cant tell me anything until she has spoken to the "MD" tomorrow. I am looking foward to the response and if its not the right one then i may get myself into trouble.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dont hold your breath for a payment :RollEyes:

sharp or pointed objects will break glass without a lot of force whereas a house brick may bounce off.

years ago i tried an experiment after reading a magazine article, with a broken spark plug (the white porcelain bit) and a scrapped car door glass.

just flicking the small pea sized piece of porcelain at the glass shattered it

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Not holding my breath John but not sure im going to be able to hold my temper either.:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back