Mar 23, 2015
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kemerton
Exp
Since 1989
Help,
Fantastic instructions with solar regulator.
It is a PWM solar charge controller. Now... I have 2 led's, one from panel flashing and one on full time. I think that is battery full and an overcharge light.
My question is... Work mode switch on right can show the numbers 1 to 9 or, the letters h? C? L? Or d?
Could anyone tell me what these stand for??
Failing that I need to enroll for a course in Canton. Sat at Flamborough at mo in glorious sunshine obviously with my new solar panel positively glowing on the roof. If only I knew what it was doing!!
Ok I know this was the cheap option but as you are well aware I am a Yorkshireman of Scottish decent and money slips through my fingers like glue.
Very grateful for any help.
Cheers

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Can't really help but if you were to post a picture of your specific controller someone might have sussed it and be able too tell you what's happening..
As a general rule the panel led will light green when the panel produces and flash when it's over voltage..
The battery led will change colour from red to green depending on battery state of charge and will flash when it's over voltage...

The load is usually on a timer and the numbers are entered to determine how many hours you want the load switched on...
No idea about the letters :)

OP
OP
Rooky Vanner
Mar 23, 2015
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kemerton
Exp
Since 1989
Ha... Don't care about the letters... That's all I need to know, if only I knew how to upload pictures... Many thanks for that, a great help.
Best wishes...
image.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
You must be impressed now!!
The light on the left of the one lit is the flashing one caught mid flash!! And out of course...
That is the panel light and from memory if it's flashing it indicates overvoltage... what you do about that I don't know lol... Just means youer in lots of sunshine :LOL:.. It will return to steady green soon no doubt and go out when dark...

Have you got all the wires connected as it only looks like 2

Joe
Think that's just a sheath enclosing the wires.. led wouldn't be on if the wires wernt connected..
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rooky Vanner
Mar 23, 2015
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kemerton
Exp
Since 1989
That's it, job sorted.
Many thanks to you all. Wonderful next job? Wait for sun. We picked the only spot in the UK with a rain cloud! But hey... Chilli superb and wine good. When you watch the forecast think about us. Happy as hell in Bempton.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back