Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
We have a PVC, "bespoke" layout etc, based on a white Ducato.
I feel like adding some colour, but none of the decals I've seen appeal.
Has anyone experience of vinyl-wrapping ?
If so I'd appreciate pos n neg, and any recommendations for where to get it done in midlands/ east midlands.
thanks
alan b

JEB

Free Member
Feb 9, 2013
UK -sussex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I`m a newbie
Alan.Apologies what started as a quick snap reply has ended up as a bit of a ramble.. . Just bought a new vinyl wrap overcoat for Doris our 2003 A class Dethleffs. What started as a "don't like the decals " turned into a more obsessive behaviour of wanting to tart up old Doris. Decided to got for vinyl wrap after estimates for respray.

Took all advice including Utube on removing decals...Arghh.. Somehow managed to scratch scorch bodywork in a few places. Doris had also picked up a few dings over the years (67K miles). Spent some time sorting these out. BEWARE..get these sorted perfectly or they will grin back at you thru the vinyl wrap!! Wish i had followed my advice on this a little more closely..

There are a huge number of vinyl manufacturers out there.. the old adage of getting what you pay for is applied. The choice of colours/finish/thickness/specification is huge. I went for the Hexis brand with top end specification The advantage of motorhomes over cars is that the vinyl material is not stretched to same degree as cars. Find yourself a vinyl wrap operator with a reputation. Ask for cost breakdown.. labour for removal of decals/labour for vinyl/material/new decals/ and negotiate! Cash could help because motorhomes are big areas without complexity. I am on South coast @ Worthing..and used local guy..

P1300082.jpg P1270079.jpg P1270078.jpg

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
That's a cracking job JEB.(y)

Although a little different, a van near us has been done as an underwater scene and that is really something (quote on quality, not I would want it).
I have seen a foreign van and both sides were done like a forest, with streams and animals - that was also fantastic however, nearly disappeared when he came on site.

It seems to be a good alternative to re-sprays now the quality has been advanced.

Trikeman.;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
yellabellyex

yellabellyex

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Lincoln area
Funster No
MH
Bespoke PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Nice job JEB. I've sketched what I "think" I want, but it's a big decision, particularly when you look at the detail. Thetford hatch, water topup, gas waterheater flue, BBQ and even a few Fiat badges, all intrude; maybe my sketch is too complicated.
Thanks again, and I think I'll get some quotes,
regards
alan b

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back