Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I know this sounds like an odd question, but how much space do you really need!
I am really aiming this question at solo or couples as having kids pretty much denotes a larger Motorhome.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having owned a 36ft Rockwood RV and a VW T4 pop top camper and just about every size of motorhome in between, the simple answer is, it depends what your doing at the time. If you plan on long term touring, but staying on campsites for a month or two at a time then the RV is king. If on the other hand you plan on touring and stopping for only one night in each place then a panel van conversion is best. If you plan on a mixture of the two then an A class under 7 metres is ideal. Also different people have different ideas of comfort levels. The simple answer is what's best for you at the time. None of it is written in stone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If I was solo then a PCV would be my choice. Following divorce I got one for a while (real antique but everything worked) and then two of my (fairly old) kids decided they needed to to tour Europe with me in it. It was a real squeeze but OK for three weeks. My youngest son slept in a bed in the roof, nearly a double in width but about 12" headroom, if you had a big nose you wouldn't have been able to turn over.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back