Puydu Fou and a week in France in October (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Has any one been to Puydu Fou in France. It looks very interesting. We were thinking of going to france for half term week (21 October for week) and spending a day or two there. Any info regarding sites or Aires near there would be appreciated please. If it's closed in October then we will have to go next year and then think of somewhere different for the week this year.

Last October we spent five days just in the north using Aires - Honfleur, neufchatel en bray, St Valery sur Somme and Fort Mahon Plage. It was our first trip to France in our new MH. We hope to go in a completely different directions. This time we will be going for 7 nights. Any suggestions using Aires please

Thanks.

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Our French friends tell us we have got to go.It's fantastic.Unfortunatly everytime we have tried to get tickets for the Fri/sat cinescinie it's fully booked,Tickets went on sale in February and as soon as we went to book for June they were booked up.We are hoping to go for a couple of days and see if there is any chance of picking up any cancellation tickets.Apparently there is a motorhome aire there with water etc at I think 7 euros a night!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
So do you have to book things before you go and that far in advance? Robrace - What is cinescine? Does everything have to be booked in advance?

Aire on site sounds good especially if spending 2/3 days there.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
A review what I wrote for my cobwebsite in 2010: Link Removed

The price will have changed but I've not seen anything on this forum to suggest the rest is grossly inaccurate. The aire is the hugest I've yet seen - the Parc is one of France's biggest home grown visitor attractions outside Paris.

As the Cinescenie spectacular (the world's largest open aire stage show) incorporates locals, including kids, they only do it on Friday and Saturday nights.

Their website calendar says they close in late September, as @icantremember says above

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Ciniescenie is usually booked up well in advance and is on in the evenings at weekends, however it's worth going for all the other things that are going on during the day and it is probably best to do it over a couple of days if you want to see it all.
The show i enjoyed the most was Le Bal des Oiseaux Fantomes, but all the ones that i saw were entertaining. If your French isn't great you can rent a translation device for a few Euros but probably best to take your own headphones as there ones wern't very comfortable for me. There is a large Aire there and also a Hotel on site as well.

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks everyone for the info. It looks as though it will have to be a place to visit next year as it will be closed when we go in October. When is the Best time of year to book cinescine for an October visit? Can I book online?

I will have a look at the link when I get home from work later. Yes some of us still have to go to work to earn a crust!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
pdfaire1.jpg

The aire is huge but it does slope. The first few rows from the entrance have a few hookups at €2 for 12 hours, you get the token from the pay station, water can be purchased at the same price. There is a free shuttle bus that runs from the aire entrance to the parc car park, it takes 5-10 minutes gentle walk. You can book everything online then print your tickets at the machines at the entrance, loads of staff about if you need help. The ciniscene show is spectacular, but the rest of the parc is superb, take a picnic and we also took in some cheap memory foam cushions - lots of sitting watching shows on stone benches. The aire gets pretty busy at weekends and if you get in midweek for the weekend, don't be suprised to find vans squeezing in around you on Friday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back