Puy Du Fou (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Just booked for Puy Du Fou in a couple of weeks time and was wondering if anyone has been before and any thing that we should do/know etc,

We are only going to France for a week and have booked 2 days at Puy Due Fou which includes the Cinescenie, and we are thinking of staying on the Aire next to the site,

Any suggestions of other things to see on the way down or nearby would be welcome and any route and places to stay suggestions would also be welcome.

Thanks

Braunston

Just thought I would add a link to Puy Du Fou just in case anyone else is interested

Link Removed

Last edited:

Col447

Free Member
Aug 24, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Waiting for delivery !!!!
Exp
3rd M/H
In my opinion one of the best days out I have had in years!
Tip 1
Get there as it opens, and then get one of the shows under your belt.
Tip 2
Get one of the English headsets as it will give you all the info about the show as it happens.
Tip 3
At the Viking show, sit up high on the banked seating as you will be able to get the best view ( and the blastwave from the explosions doesn't hit you as hard)!
Tip 4
make sure you have your walking shoes on as its a big place.

The Aire is a large field, signposted to the right as you go through the main carpark just before the entrance.
A baker has a small shop on the aire in the morning.
The dump point can get very busy in the morning.

Wish I was going with you!!!!!!!
Col

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi Col,

I will take your advice, thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Agree with all the above. We first went when it had only a few shows walked around the park and went to the excellent show in the evening-we were kn*****ed.
The next time we went,rested in the aire and then went to the show,enjoyed it even more, the next morning we toured the park-superb. I agree the Viking is very good as is the medieval castle seige (listen out for the anti Brit comments) which was one of the original shows. The Roman coliseum is also superb and the best fireworks I have ever seen. If you stay on the second night you can see bits of them for free!.
Not bad considering a lot of the performers are local volunteers and the horsmanship is stunning.
Something we Brits could only dream about,the nearest to it is Camelot or Warwick Castle-good but not a patch!!
We also treated ourselves to a meal in the restaurant complete with medieval entertainment in which I was roped in,which spilled over to the adjacent barn were we all danced!!
Also visit the nearby steam railway .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back