Puy de Fou (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Wanted to see the cinescenie and visit the park for last few years but always found tickets all sold for early june so been waiting for tickets to go on sale for this year.They have and guess what?all sold for 1st three weeks of June!!I wonder if it's worth going to visit the park and potlucking there being any returned tickets.Anyone been and done this?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I'm not sure if this helps, but we just turned up August bank holiday weekend last year and had no problems getting tickets at all. I'm not realy into theme parks but i really enjoyed it and will have to go back as we only got to see about a third of the shows on the day we went. I was most impressed with the Le Bal des Oiseaux Fantomes worth the entry fee by itself.

Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
We were really lucky, in the queue for returned tickets when someone came along with a couple and asked those in the queue if they were interested. The people before me were paying by card but as I had cash I managed to get them. Cinescenie fantastic - expensive but well worth it. Gets cold late at night though even in July so wrap up well!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Cinescenie's cast of thousands is drawn from the local population, which is why the show only runs at weekends. I've no idea about turning up on spec but it's a huge venue and the show will run whatever the weather, so there'll have to be spare tickets available. If it's raining you're not allowed an umbrella as it obstructs others' view of the set. We watched it in a total downpour but managed to stay dry.

I fully agree with Chris Lams' comment about Le Bal des Oiseaux Fantomes - that's the one that stands out, although the rest are well worth the entry fee. It's possible to get round all of the shows in a day but you need to be organised with the scheduling and occasionally get your skates on between one auditorium and the next. If you want one of the themed mid-day meals, be at the front gate as it opens and head straight for the booking office. Hotel guests get in on block bookings so the places go quickly. The Francis I vs Henry VIII meal was good fun (free red wine refills), especially as we ended up on the side of the room that had to cheer the French.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We were parked on the aire at Puy du Foy last summer and were offered tickets to Cinescenie from the van opposite. What a great place, totally agree with the above comments. Take a picnic and sit in the excellent gardens if you want to get away from it all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Wanted to see the cinescenie and visit the park for last few years but always found tickets all sold for early june so been waiting for tickets to go on sale for this year.They have and guess what?all sold for 1st three weeks of June!!I wonder if it's worth going to visit the park and potlucking there being any returned tickets.Anyone been and done this?
Never !!!! :eek: We were thinking of starting to look for June :/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back