Put This In Your Sat Nav If You're Going To France (1 Viewer)

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
We 'teamed up' with some French and Belgians on our last visit and the French guy told us to follow him to somewhere special. He wasn't wrong. it doesn't appear in any Aires guides or in the books but...WOW! The photos I got of the mist rolling in during the morning around the lighthouse are great. You can sit there for hours on the benches at the top watching the little fishing boats bob out to see.

You can park right at the top by the cliff top (there are bollards so don't get nervous!) and there is enough space for twenty or thirty cars and a few motor homes. When we were there last year we never saw more than 5 vehicles. The views are some of the best I have ever seen in my life and I've been to a lot of places. We stayed 3 days - there are no signs or local authority restrictions about duration. It even has huge wheely bins up there for tourist rubbish.

Oh and it's in Southern Brittany so not far at all.

Here it is.

http://docarmor.free.fr/valarmor/valouest/ploueze2.htm

When you get back tell me I was wrong. (y)

Paul.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We won't be able to get in!
Now you have advertised it, the Freeloaders will flock in, spoil it and the French will put up height barriers!:imoutahere:

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
That's the one. You just follow that road up to the top and there's a car park there with bins, and benches.
It's a bit of a bendy road (not that narrow though - I've got a 6 berth Bessy and it was no problem) and you think 'bloody hell where's this going ?' but trust me it opens right up when you get near the top.

Make sure you take plenty of water if you're planning a few nights though, the drive to supermarket is a bit of a drag. There's even a viewing platform up there which points to Geurnsey, Jersey etc.
Don't worry about it being crowded - there's tons of room up there and it's off the beaten track.

In the middle of last summer all we saw was the odd motorhome here and there and maybe ten or twenty cars driving in and out for people to take photos.

There are loads of hedges up there as well for shade and as natural wind breaks.
The locals seem to love us all going there as we all shop in the local towns - which we did.

Paul

Last edited:

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Looks fantastic, we are off to that area late June, we've got an 8 metre kontiki, will I be able to get there ok, ?

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
Looks fantastic, we are off to that area late June, we've got an 8 metre kontiki, will I be able to get there ok, ?
Absolutely no probs.

There was an American RV with pull out sides up there when we were there. Mine is a 7.5 metre Swift and it swallowed it. The only thing you might hit is a shrub!

If you're still there mid July :LOL: we might see you. I fancy another couple of nights there again on my way down the coast.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We are doing D-Day week Normandy, then going on to Brittany for a couple weeks may well go via there and have a look, weather permitting. If it's wet & cold we will just head south.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back