Puncture repairs, your experiences? (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Many garages no longer repair tyres as they'd rather sell you a new tyre.
A neighbour has been having a conversion in their house and the workmen have been carelessly leaving screws and nails new and old on the street.
I and my immediate neighbour have both had punctures :cry:
Unfortunately mine was a brand new Michelin on my Berlingo VT90 with a slot headed screw circa 1968 right in the middle of my tread.
I bought a new pair of tyres (Michelin) from an ebay seller in Scotland as he sends me two for £120 delivered. meanwhile my son advised of a small garage that does nothing but tyres and tyre repairs so I visited today and all was fixed for the priceless sum of £10
So don't be put off there are garages that will fix tyres as long as it is within acceptability.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
BTW he is also happy to fit my own tyres at the same price.
I buy my camping tyres online and it is a chore sometimes to get them fitted. He recommends a Sunday for service while U wait.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Had the same experience a few weeks back. Brand new tyre on the car and a week later a screw through it. Local tyre company repaired it for £15 while I waited.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i use tyre strings no need to remove tyre or even the wheel , just remove screw or nail clean out the hole with the file spike,push in string with insert tool rotate 90 degrees pull out insert tool,job done:thumb:
illegal in this country but used extensively in the transport industry.
i have covered 1000's upon 1000's of miles on tyres repaired using this method,and never had a problem with them.
(disclaimer) do not use this method of repair as it is illegal:RollEyes:
Link Removed

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We had a puncture in Northern Spain in our car. They were run flats and a guy at a tyre garage charged us 10 euros for the repair. Seems as good as new:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back