Puncture repairs, your experiences?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Techno, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Many garages no longer repair tyres as they'd rather sell you a new tyre.
    A neighbour has been having a conversion in their house and the workmen have been carelessly leaving screws and nails new and old on the street.
    I and my immediate neighbour have both had punctures :cry:
    Unfortunately mine was a brand new Michelin on my Berlingo VT90 with a slot headed screw circa 1968 right in the middle of my tread.
    I bought a new pair of tyres (Michelin) from an ebay seller in Scotland as he sends me two for £120 delivered. meanwhile my son advised of a small garage that does nothing but tyres and tyre repairs so I visited today and all was fixed for the priceless sum of £10
    So don't be put off there are garages that will fix tyres as long as it is within acceptability.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

BTW he is also happy to fit my own tyres at the same price.
    I buy my camping tyres online and it is a chore sometimes to get them fitted. He recommends a Sunday for service while U wait.

3. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

Had the same experience a few weeks back. Brand new tyre on the car and a week later a screw through it. Local tyre company repaired it for £15 while I waited.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

i use tyre strings no need to remove tyre or even the wheel , just remove screw or nail clean out the hole with the file spike,push in string with insert tool rotate 90 degrees pull out insert tool,job done:thumb:
    illegal in this country but used extensively in the transport industry.
    i have covered 1000's upon 1000's of miles on tyres repaired using this method,and never had a problem with them.
    (disclaimer) do not use this method of repair as it is illegal:RollEyes:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROFESSIO...t=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item1c328ad289

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  5. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

We had a puncture in Northern Spain in our car. They were run flats and a guy at a tyre garage charged us 10 euros for the repair. Seems as good as new:thumb: