Pug X250 electrics

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Moodybrook, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

I am still something of a boy racer (albeit geriatric one) so I want to fit a pair of Angel Eyes Spots in the ugly holes on the front of our van. Really just to fill those holes. Don't intend a lot of moonlight flitting !

Question 1. - to have the "Angel"eyes come on with the side lights can I just splice into the side lights cable at the headlamp assembly ?
    Question 1 a. Do I have to balance things and do each side separate ?

I have a separate little black box and wiring ("Ring" kit) for the main 55w Spotlights circuit with its dashboard fitting on/off switch.

Question 2. I seem to remember that I may experience a fault to appear, courtesy of something called Canbus or some other mickey mouse circuit systems phenomena. Or am I just paranoid ??

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Nothing clever to do at all.. Just wire them in what ever is the easiest way for you :)

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

If they are intended to be DRLs they must come on when the 'ignition' switch is turned on and go off when the sidelights are turned on.

4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

:xeek:

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Read Only Funster

There was a thread on this a couple of days/weeks ago............. might be worth searching?

• Like it Like it x 1
  6. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

No, not DRLS' thanks, they are really just hole fillers/cosmetic, unlikely to be used in anger. Fog is generally an autumn/winter/spring, hazard, I don't do much bad weather, at least not intentionally. I do intend to do them properly however which is why I was asking for the benefit of your esteemed experience/knowledge. :)