Pug Dashboard (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Our Bailey motor house is now three and a half years old so the Peugeot bits are out of warranty. After two years of warranty the dashboard failed with some warning lights dimly lit, it was replaced under warranty. Now eighteen months later it has failed again. We are in France until the end of the month. When we get back how should I tackle Peugeot as this is a recurring problem. Since one of the lights dimly lit is the airbag light it would be an MOT failure so I can not just live with it.
Help appreciated.
GG

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I suffered the same problem, but thankfully only once. It is worth asking Peugeot to consider replacing as a goodwill gesture or at least meet you part way re the cost. My vehicle is 2 weeks out of warranty and the ECB needs replacing as the airbag failure warning light and associated message are displayed. Thankfully Peugeot are prepared to make a contribution, but not in my opinion enough. By the time it is replaced it will have cost me £190!! I like my van but not happy with Peugeot's electronics!!

Good luck.

OP
OP
SomeoneElse
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Carol
I had the same problem with the ECB, but during the warranty period. The third problem I had fixed under warranty was a replacement key fob as the remote stopped working it was within a couple f inches of the door window.
GG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
GG, strange I had problems with my central locking also right from the outset. It was in and out of a Peugeot dealer on 4 occasions. In the end they bypassed the sensor in the sliding door. As I said their electronics suck!!

OP
OP
SomeoneElse
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Thought I would revive this rather than starting afresh. Having had a Peugeot dashboard fail 3 years ago I now find my Fiat dashboard having random lights coming on then disappearing. My warranty ran out 3 weeks before this started and Fiat have asked me to take the van to a dealer. I am hopeful this will be resolved in my favour. Fiat care have given me a number but no promises
The two issues are that this only appears to have happened twice although I managed to take a pic this morning (moving from Cite to chunnel the engine heat warning light and another were glowing then clear by the time I re-start at Dover) - can I be certain that the fault will be detected? And the Fiat dealer wants £80 for the hour's diagnostic.
Any opinions?

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Pay the dealer to assess the problem but make sure you tell him that you've spoken to Fiat customer services - give him the reference number if you have it. This is essentially what happened to my motorhome. I paid for the assessment but then didn't pay anything for the replacement of the instrument binnacle.
... and, by the way, I regard the binnacle as having 3 years warranty from when it was replaced!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I went from the Motorhome dealer to the Local Fiat Dealer to the Fiat Customer Services (who said the local dealer should have taken van in the first place) back to the Local Fiat Dealer. Everything was going well until the LFD threw in the £80 at the end. Fingers crossed then. From memory the first failure was fairly random when it happened and apart from one light, random to which lights were lit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back