pub parking with dogs by newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by thetoppubbrownedge, Jan 15, 2014.

1. thetoppubbrownedge

thetoppubbrownedge Read Only Funster

hiya
    we have travelled the normal route from small tent, larger tent, huge tent, small caravan, large van and now a 23rd hand neisman bischoff. Loving it! Whizz the dogs away whenever we want, first big trip last year, drove to Scicily and back, 7 weeks out with 3 big dogs.
    We have decided to allow overnight stopping at our pub and have built a secure area for this, but dont really know where to advertise, so any advice would be gratefully received please. Got water, elec and loo dump, dont want to charge, just use the pub, dogs allowed, brilliant walking country on edge of the Roaches by Knypersley reservoir.
    we are also interested in buying a large fridge and freezer for our next big expedition to Spain, Portugal andorra then france ( again) in May, and again would love advice on brands etc. Ditto advice on carp fishing with big motorhome ( 8 metres) in France or Portugal.
    Hope to hear from you soon
    the Top Pub Brown edge.:thumb:

• Like Like x 7
  2. buckby

buckby

Get hold of britstops they will put it in the book

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

a member on this forum maintains a downloadable map and list of motorhome friendly pubs. wouldnt hurt getting onto that list as your place sounds perfect:thumb:

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Phill D

Phill D

welcome to the FUN and thanks for the info we would like to visit the peak district in spring :thumb:

would give Jim a PM if i were you not sure if he would class you as a trader or not.

hope to get more info soon:thumb:

6. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Hello and welcome. Your pub sounds great. As already said, get in touch with Brit stops to be included in their book. They are members on here but haven't seen them post for a while.

7. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

And its the Titanic brewery-good beer!

8. keith

keith Funster

Hi and welcome to the Fun.

I am Keith, the one mentioned above as I maintain a map of pubs that have been allowing MH to stop over in their car park. You can have a look for yourself by clicking the link in my signature below.

I have found you on Google maps and will add your establishment to the map. The map is on a web site I made to keep my finds on along with recommended aires in Spain France and portugal.

You mentioned carp fishing and I go fishing on the Barragems (Reservoirs) in Portugal as they hold a large head of Carp and it can be good fun. Some of these are on my map of aires as mentioned above.

As also mentioned Britstops have a book they produce where they list places that allow stopovers for motorhomes. Contact Steve and here is the link to their web site. http://britstops.com/welcome.html
    Tell him Keith off MH Fun suggested you contact him.

9. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

10. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome to the site, just be aware that having more than 3 vans at a time that stay overnight (paying or not) constitutes a caravan site and requires a licence.
    Otherwise good luck with your enterprise. If you stock DOOMBAR I'm sure you will get loads of custom, hee hee:thumb:

11. the stig

the stig Funster

Hi and welcome to Fun and ood luck with your up and coming adventures :thumb:

12. ericonabike

ericonabike Read Only Funster

Wow! OP's first post is to offer us his pub as a stopover! We need more members like this...

• Like Like x 3