pub parking with dogs by newbie (1 Viewer)

thetoppubbrownedge

Free Member
Jan 15, 2014
brown edge
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
hiya
we have travelled the normal route from small tent, larger tent, huge tent, small caravan, large van and now a 23rd hand neisman bischoff. Loving it! Whizz the dogs away whenever we want, first big trip last year, drove to Scicily and back, 7 weeks out with 3 big dogs.
We have decided to allow overnight stopping at our pub and have built a secure area for this, but dont really know where to advertise, so any advice would be gratefully received please. Got water, elec and loo dump, dont want to charge, just use the pub, dogs allowed, brilliant walking country on edge of the Roaches by Knypersley reservoir.
we are also interested in buying a large fridge and freezer for our next big expedition to Spain, Portugal andorra then france ( again) in May, and again would love advice on brands etc. Ditto advice on carp fishing with big motorhome ( 8 metres) in France or Portugal.
Hope to hear from you soon
the Top Pub Brown edge.:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a member on this forum maintains a downloadable map and list of motorhome friendly pubs. wouldnt hurt getting onto that list as your place sounds perfect:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
welcome to the FUN and thanks for the info we would like to visit the peak district in spring :thumb:

would give Jim a PM if i were you not sure if he would class you as a trader or not.

hope to get more info soon:thumb:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome. Your pub sounds great. As already said, get in touch with Brit stops to be included in their book. They are members on here but haven't seen them post for a while.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
And its the Titanic brewery-good beer!

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
hiya
we have travelled the normal route from small tent, larger tent, huge tent, small caravan, large van and now a 23rd hand neisman bischoff. Loving it! Whizz the dogs away whenever we want, first big trip last year, drove to Scicily and back, 7 weeks out with 3 big dogs.
We have decided to allow overnight stopping at our pub and have built a secure area for this, but dont really know where to advertise, so any advice would be gratefully received please. Got water, elec and loo dump, dont want to charge, just use the pub, dogs allowed, brilliant walking country on edge of the Roaches by Knypersley reservoir.
we are also interested in buying a large fridge and freezer for our next big expedition to Spain, Portugal andorra then france ( again) in May, and again would love advice on brands etc. Ditto advice on carp fishing with big motorhome ( 8 metres) in France or Portugal.
Hope to hear from you soon
the Top Pub Brown edge.:thumb:

Hi and welcome to the Fun.

I am Keith, the one mentioned above as I maintain a map of pubs that have been allowing MH to stop over in their car park. You can have a look for yourself by clicking the link in my signature below.

I have found you on Google maps and will add your establishment to the map. The map is on a web site I made to keep my finds on along with recommended aires in Spain France and portugal.

You mentioned carp fishing and I go fishing on the Barragems (Reservoirs) in Portugal as they hold a large head of Carp and it can be good fun. Some of these are on my map of aires as mentioned above.

As also mentioned Britstops have a book they produce where they list places that allow stopovers for motorhomes. Contact Steve and here is the link to their web site. Broken Link Removed
Tell him Keith off MH Fun suggested you contact him.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, just be aware that having more than 3 vans at a time that stay overnight (paying or not) constitutes a caravan site and requires a licence.
Otherwise good luck with your enterprise. If you stock DOOMBAR I'm sure you will get loads of custom, hee hee:thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome to Fun and ood luck with your up and coming adventures :thumb:

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Wow! OP's first post is to offer us his pub as a stopover! We need more members like this...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back