DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
"Indeed, the vast majority of motorhome users are respectable senior citizens! And yet they could be criminalised if they camp up for the night in the wrong place."

Yes, that's me! But I agree with his sentiment that to prevent people backpacking from putting up a small tent goes against all that is good about Scottish right to roam laws. However, looking at the map the stretch of the loch which the proposed byelaw would cover is fairly small and if there have been problems with litter then it may be necessary, but he does argue that the people who were littering appear to have moved on now so the law is not necessary.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I looked at the article so far and then saw
Only recently the Highland Council was threatened with legal action because they had signs on some laybys that stated “No Overnight Parking.”

It was made clear to them that if someone became tired and wanted a sleep before continuing his or her journey, and were moved on by the police or by a Council employee, then if that person was involved in an accident due to tiredness, then the police or the Council could be privately sued. The signs are being removed.
Totally inaccurate. The removal of the signs came about as a result of it being established that they were not backed by a legal order (many threads on this in the past). It makes me wonder whether the rest of the article is similarly spun to fit the author's perception/wishes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
An the other viewpoint is here Broken Link Removed and here http://www.thisisyourpark.org.uk/your-park-your-questions-answered/

The proposed management zones (including the existing east Loch Lomond zone) equate to less than 5% of the National Park.
The proposed zones are focused on the busiest lochshore areas which are easily accessible from a public road and where car-borne camping pressures are greatest.
Boundaries include:
the land between the road and lochshore and, on the other side of the road, at a distance of approximately 200 metres from the public road.

Where possible the boundary follows visible features such as field boundaries or tracks.
Lochshores with no public roads have not been included in zones.

This should give genuine backpackers so room to pitch tents

Did any of you bother to respond to the consultation? I did.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back