Proof of belonging?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by ronniec26, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ronniec26

ronniec26 Read Only Funster

I've insured my Motorhome and they want proof of my membership of MotorhomeFun as I get a discount. Has anyone else had to do this and if so, how? It's through Sureterm Direct.

2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

i gave my insurance co our username, the website addy and told them its free to log in and they could post a message to check xxxxxx

might be worth sending a private message to jim or bryan if what I did doesnt work for you.

alternatively you could print off this thread

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hello welcome . you could may be print your profile page if you have a printer. cheers alan.

4. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

What happened to trust?:Rofl1:

5. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Trust !! you can't use a word like that in modern financial matters:Eeek: you will be expecting loyalty next

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  6. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

For my sins I am a member of the other MHF site. I tried to use the discount with Sureterm as stated in the MHF page,what a bunch of numptys (Sureterm that is!!) eventually I had to pm the site owner to intervene. That was last year,when I misguidely decide to renew with Sureterm I had the same problem. To try to circumvent a repeat of the previous year I sent a screen shot of my profile-that seemed to have done the trick. Try it with a shot of your profile.

7. Tinyk

Tinyk Read Only Funster

Maybe just put your certificate details in your first post, print it, take out the details again and post that onto them.

Its amazing they want proof you belong to a free community, if you had to pay to join they probably wouldn't want to see anything hehe.

8. ronniec26

ronniec26 Read Only Funster

Proof of membership

I rang Sureterm and they said to print off my profile page to prove membership of MotorhomeFun forum and send it to them - so I did.

9. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i think, originally, this requirement applied to clubs such as the caravan club and the camping and caravaning club.

10. Ruddy

Ruddy Read Only Funster

I never had this problem with Sureterm, I told them I was a member of fun after the quote they gave me.....BUT they did arse up my insurance cert :Angry:
    And I had a huge argument with some bellend on the phone, Which ended up with me offering to drive up to Huntingdon (30mins away by bike) and sort it out face to face in the car park with him :thumb:. Then after */-++-*/*/-*/*/£^"&^"%*&^ down the phone, The manager phoned me back and sorted it.............Until the next cert showed up with the same under value on it.

So they wont believe a word you say to them, then just argue with you, and do what they like anyway.

So next year the quote hunt starts again.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009