Prolific filter (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
We're having the new prolific filter fitted next week at a cost of £3,000.
Ihope its ok since my wallet is none to happy. :cry:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Am pleased for you, what is one of them?

I'd certainly want it to do the ironing and the washing up for that price, whatever it is!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Am pleased for you, what is one of them?

I'd certainly want it to do the ironing and the washing up for that price, whatever it is!

Hi Jenny i wish it would do all the house work for that price but its so we can park it at home since we live in london,

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Try

Tomsett Kent of Sittingbourne. They have done a few London vans and quoted me £2066. Worth a look...

Catherine

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
but will it still be covered in, say, 5 years when the emission limits are probably reduced to cleaner air coming out than that going in ?

crazy thing is i can legally drive through London (I'd sooner poke me eyes out with blunt sticks first:Eeek:) in my 6.8liter petrol engined, 7500kg RV belching out god knows what lethal carcenogenics and there nowt they can do......yet!!! :thumb:

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We decided against having the filter fitted and are getting storage instead for £520 a year. This was mainly because as John says they could change the goal posts again in a few years. For Info we live just 200 yards inside the LEZ Zone.:cry::cry::cry:

Now if anyone wants to store their LEZ Compliant van on my drive:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sonja

Upvote 0

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
particulate filters are not a fit and forget item they will need cleaning out.
on modern car's this is done automaticly by a prossess called regenaration,on a after market filter it will need serviceing and cleaning out,easy to do by removeing and pluging one end and filling with aloy wheel cleaner,and leaveing overnight,empty out and clean away excess with a pressure washer:thumb:
dont be fooled by diesel jocky's trying to charge a fortune for a new one:thumb:

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Must admit i do worry when it comes in next year
living on the edge of the m25

It will be so easy to stray inside

still annoys me though
i pay road tax and cant use all the roads that i pay for

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
but will it still be covered in, say, 5 years when the emission limits are probably reduced to cleaner air coming out than that going in ?

crazy thing is i can legally drive through London (I'd sooner poke me eyes out with blunt sticks first:Eeek:) in my 6.8liter petrol engined, 7500kg RV belching out god knows what lethal carcenogenics and there nowt they can do......yet!!! :thumb:

Same here pappa, but there's so few large petrol engined vehicle's about that I don't they will ever bother until the time when they ban all petrol vehicles inside London.

Ian

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back