Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If that is true or not, is it really relevant in this thread or any other for that matter?

Well, it's relavent to the extent that Old Mo needs to know whether to try pulling her if he bumps into her on a site I suppose.

Not that he isn't used to disappointments with women of course:D

As for CC wardens I have never had any problems and in fact the wardens at the CC site at Cheddar Gorge yesterday were out of their way pleasant I must say.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Lets face it. in the eyes of the C C we, as motorhomers are deemed a lesser species and I suspect not really welcome !
i ALWAYS FEEL LIKE at Sites, If you have a £100,000 Hymer Starline or the like you will be treated like a 1966 Transit owner by people with an old Swift tugger and a focus. We are all Inferior beings you see.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
i ALWAYS FEEL LIKE at Sites, If you have a £100,000 Hymer Starline or the like you will be treated like a 1966 Transit owner by people with an old Swift tugger and a focus. We are all Inferior beings you see.

I think that may say more about how you view yourself than how others view you.

I have to say my experience of CC wardens was awful.. When I was a tugger..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I think we need put this into perspective she is a 'lady driver' this gives a certain amount of leeway regarding driving instructions. This will not only include driving the wrong way but also the following: parallel parking, a larger rear view mirror for lipstick application and of course map reading.

The biggest issue with new vehicles is they removed the pull out manual choke, now they have no where to hang their handbags.

Please can some one send me a tin hat. Daz :imoutahere:

THIS is why I keep coming back to FUN! Cheers mate!:D

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
The Old Swift Tuggers and their Focus,may not be the only ones to look down on you in a £100,000 Hymer whatsit, you may find that the owner of Chelski looks down on you as well,from the bridge of his ocean going....Yacht ? (Mini Destroyer !). I think the clue is in the number of "0's",or lack of, on the end of the first number,don't let it get you down,remember,all our bums face the floor,so we are ALL equal....... LOL
Tea Bag

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Purely from personal experience I have found that CC wardens reflect society in general, good, bad and indifferent. What I can say though from direct personal experience is that raising any 'ishooos' (problems not allowed) with the CC direct results in ..................................................................platitudes, stock answer letters and that old favourite...............sweet FA. Toodle Pip.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Are the CC really a requirement/necessity in this day and age? Do they have discounts in other related services which warrant membership? If you had to choose between CC and C&CC club, which would you choose and why?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Are the CC really a requirement/necessity in this day and age? Do they have discounts in other related services which warrant membership? If you had to choose between CC and C&CC club, which would you choose and why?

Rowley, I have enjoyed your erudite comment on this thread, thank you.
Purely from my personal perspective............. can't speak for Mrs Bassett. We are members of the CC purely for access to the CL network which is (imo) excellent. We also use their Tunnel booking service as it is consistently cheaper than we could get direct. On the rare occasions (now) when we use CC sites the facilities are spotless and in good order. We enjoy staying at Sandringham CC site in the Winter months and have never had anything but good service from the Wardens there.
We were members of the C&CC but lost interest since it's website was taken over and run by E T.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Like Bertie, we stay in the CC for the CL network and use of the occasional site when convenient. Unlike Bertie we stayed in the C&CC because we like to use their THSs and meets, plus the occasional CS.
Whenever we've stayed on CC site I've gone into the office to book in with a smile on my face and a cheery greeting for the wardens. We've never had any bother. I wonder why? :whistle:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Bertie, I appreciate your input there. I hadn't really thought of the CL network as a consideration, I was totally focused on their main Gulags alone. ;)

Do you find it challenging to book CC sites? When I was last a member it was almost as if a plague of locusts had descended, reserving all pitches at many sites over all bank holiday weekends and summer weeks the moment the new year came in (still saddled with the necessary evil known as work). I can't help wondering what percentage actually honoured those mass reservations?

And to be fair, other than some very over enthusiastic officialdom, I can't say we were ever mistreated as such at CC sites, just seemed too uptight and not chilled out enough for me...

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Always greet our receptionists with a cheery welcome on arrival. Why wouldn't you? Its manners:)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This year will proly be our last year with the C & CC ( and NO chance of the CC getting a bent penny from us !! )

The reason ?
We only joined C & CC to get the discounted ferry and insurance prices
For the past 8 months booking a ferry through the C & CC comes up MUCH dearer every time ( when I rang them they did say they would price match.. I do not want it matched.. I want it bettered otherwise what is the bloody point ! )
And insurance ? More the £70 higher than we ended up with, and exactly the same price as going direct to the company they use even though I said I was not a member of the club.

So this year, the cost of membership can go to more use by putting it in the diesel tank !!

As a by the by, we have used a few CL's in the past but there are so many other small sites out there that are well priced I just do not see they are essential to our needs

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Like Bertie, we stay in the CC for the CL network and use of the occasional site when convenient. Unlike Bertie we stayed in the C&CC because we like to use their THSs and meets, plus the occasional CS.
Whenever we've stayed on CC site I've gone into the office to book in with a smile on my face and a cheery greeting for the wardens. We've never had any bother. I wonder why? :whistle:

Obviously because you are ruggedly handsome and suave Graham!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks Bertie, I appreciate your input there. I hadn't really thought of the CL network as a consideration, I was totally focused on their main Gulags alone. ;)

Do you find it challenging to book CC sites? When I was last a member it was almost as if a plague of locusts had descended, reserving all pitches at many sites over all bank holiday weekends and summer weeks the moment the new year came in (still saddled with the necessary evil known as work). I can't help wondering what percentage actually honoured those mass reservations?

And to be fair, other than some very over enthusiastic officialdom, I can't say we were ever mistreated as such at CC sites, just seemed too uptight and not chilled out enough for me...

The block booking is an issue particularly on prime sea side sites like Freshwater East which is brilliant in the summer months.I think the CC is trying to address this but for a family with small children Freshwater is a no brainer, as long as the weather is good it's a perfect family holiday which is why it's booked up for the school hols! There are other sites though where I wonder why there are no pitches vacant and us workers just have to lump it until CC come upwith a meaningful penalty for repeated cancellers. The current system clearly isn't working.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Rowley, I'm now on my laptop, tapping on the phone is hit and miss at best....So a more detailed answer, I hope.
I think the enthusiastic officialdom is generated in staff from two different directions, obviously from above where Captain (Retired) A J Snooks-Harding has held sway for far too long imo....and then from sideways when very demanding 'customers' give them a hard time...I was standing in the office at the Forfar site once when a very loud and abusive gent gave the warden a very hard time. Had it been me it would have been a Glesca Kiss for the knob, but the poor guy just took it and attempted to placate him....the issue, the Tap on his super pitch was a bit stiff.......................Jeez I gave the guy my WD 40..................his wifey was soooooo embarrassed. The warden and his lady were great people and were always patient and helpful, they now run Stonehaven.........and they do it very well so I've heard.
Yes I've met really obnoxious clip board carrying toads wearing Warden Badges, but they're a part of every day life aren't they?
The CL chain is excellent and I've yet to look at an area where there wasn't one that fitted our bill....the standards on commercial sites are in my view variable to say the least so it'll always be CL's for us as first preference.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Had a beer with a friend yesterday
He remarked exactly the same as the OP

He got a reminder of the one car rule, his child got a private reprimand for letting grandma in and was ushered off at 11:10, how very dare he be 10 mins late off an empty site! ;)

result, he won't renew his CC membership

'Silly little man' was his closing remark

Reactions: f6c

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Never heard of her. Could I be right in thinking she is one of those "celebrities" who think they are above ordinary mortals?

No she's certainly not ! Check her out, she's got the brains (as well as looks ;)) to certainly put some of the other 'knowledable' presenters to shame.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
She's part of the current trend for camera-friendly academics who act as 'public engagement' ambassadors for their respective institutions. It's all about recruitment and funding in the end.

Suits me though - I'd rather watch the divine Prof Roberts than the late Magnus Magnusson any time.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No she's certainly not ! Check her out, she's got the brains (as well as looks ;)) to certainly put some of the other 'knowledable' presenters to shame.
She's part of the current trend for camera-friendly academics who act as 'public engagement' ambassadors for their respective institutions. It's all about recruitment and funding in the end.

Suits me though - I'd rather watch the divine Prof Roberts than the late Magnus Magnusson any time.
All lost on me I'm afraid as we watch very little TV these days.
Partly that's down to the cloning of subject ideas and the fad (or current trend if you like) for trying to sex-up subject matter with some sort of "celebrity" (or camera-friendly presenter if you like) :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
All lost on me I'm afraid as we watch very little TV these days.
Partly that's down to the cloning of subject ideas and the fad (or current trend if you like) for trying to sex-up subject matter with some sort of "celebrity" (or camera-friendly presenter if you like) :)
It's not all like that. We watched a really interesting programme about the value of the moon to the earth last night. It was presented by a large lady called Maggie who doesn't fit any stereotype but who has such enthusiasm for her subject and a bubbly character it made for a great programme.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We have never had an issue with CC wardens. In fact when Howie mentioned to the warden recently at Malvern Hills that our neighbour (in a MH) had complained about the dogs barking she said very matter of factly "dogs bark". The dogs had been barking because some kids and adults, all from the same pitch, kept parading up and down past us.

I think the key is like with any situation if you are pleasant and not on the attack people will generally be pleasant back.

Kath

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's not all like that. We watched a really interesting programme about the value of the moon to the earth last night. It was presented by a large lady called Maggie who doesn't fit any stereotype but who has such enthusiasm for her subject and a bubbly character it made for a great programme.
No, it isn't all the same. The trouble is that much of it is.

Reactions: DBK

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The block booking is an issue particularly on prime sea side sites like Freshwater East which is brilliant in the summer months.I think the CC is trying to address this but for a family with small children Freshwater is a no brainer, as long as the weather is good it's a perfect family holiday which is why it's booked up for the school hols! There are other sites though where I wonder why there are no pitches vacant and us workers just have to lump it until CC come upwith a meaningful penalty for repeated cancellers. The current system clearly isn't working.

I agree Bertie. With Freshwater East though there are always loads of cancellations. My Mum lives about 5 miles from there and I ask her to call in to see if there are cancellations a few days before we want to arrive. Never failed yet.

I don't know why the CC don't introduce non refundable deposits of say 50 % of the basic pitch fee.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I agree Bertie. With Freshwater East though there are always loads of cancellations. My Mum lives about 5 miles from there and I ask her to call in to see if there are cancellations a few days before we want to arrive. Never failed yet.

I don't know why the CC don't introduce non refundable deposits of say 50 % of the basic pitch fee.

I have no time for the silly way the CC behave. Snobby staff, snobby members, snobby 'officers' and horribly expensive sites.

As a tugger I gave up on them and haven't bothered with them since I've driven my home from home.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I think we need put this into perspective she is a 'lady driver' this gives a certain amount of leeway regarding driving instructions. This will not only include driving the wrong way but also the following: parallel parking, a larger rear view mirror for lipstick application and of course map reading.

The biggest issue with new vehicles is they removed the pull out manual choke, now they have no where to hang their handbags.

Please can some one send me a tin hat. Daz :imoutahere:
And there was me thinking twice before posting:
"She has tits and brains, something of a rarity in a woman"

:imoutahere:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
NOTE TO SELF:

Peter, DO NOT DRIVE THE WRONG WAY AROUND AT PETERBOROUGH on Thursday!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back