Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Tweets rant:
"@CaravanClubUK Wow, St Agnes Beacon caravan site - apparently run by the rudest man I've ever had the displeasure of meeting!"

Oops!

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Someone asked - what was her "crime"?
Apparently she managed to drive the wrong way around the site... "cue small man - puce & shaking with rage "Are you BLIND?!"

Obviously the apoplectic warden didn't notice the attractive world renowned academic, writer & tv presenter he was shouting at.

:D

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Never heard of her. Could I be right in thinking she is one of those "celebrities" who think they are above ordinary mortals?

I don't think the phrase "do you know who I am?" is in her vocabulary. She's done a couple of programmes on various science/anthropological things and was a presenter on Coast. Kind of like a female Prof Brian Cox, but easier on the eye ;)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am continually amazed that anyone should be even slightly shocked at any behaviour demonstrated by so many of the caravan club warders ( no that is not a mistake )

Many of the warders are a disgrace believing them selves to be something special.. And members of the management team I have had the misfortune to deal with are little better.
They bring a new level and meaning to the word arrogance

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
This guy thought the warden was nice & friendly, but of course that could have been a different year.
Anyway here's St Agnes Beacon CC site if anyone's interested, walking distance for us but I've never visited:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Disgusting!!! DISGUSTING!!!
That a ordinary person, LIKE A WARDEN!! would dare castigate such a social ICON, TWITTER, AND FACEBOOK!!! Glitterati , as- -
-
-
-
-
-
Urrmm as -
-
-
-
urrmm!- anyway 'er that wus mentioned! Thingee!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Disgusting!!! DISGUSTING!!!
That a ordinary person, LIKE A WARDEN!! would dare castigate such a social ICON, TWITTER, AND FACEBOOK!!! Glitterati , as- -
-
-
-
-
-
Urrmm as -
-
-
-
urrmm!- anyway 'er that wus mentioned! Thingee!
You make a good point. Celebrities can moan at each other and that might be entertaining, but when they single out Joe Soap there is the danger they single someone out for bullying by social media.

Remember that poor nurse in London who committed suicide after putting hoaxers through to Kate Wotshername when she was in hospital?

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Never heard of her. Could I be right in thinking she is one of those "celebrities" who think they are above ordinary mortals?

Exactly, she was still driving the wrong way whoever she is

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I am continually amazed that anyone should be even slightly shocked at any behaviour demonstrated by so many of the caravan club warders ( no that is not a mistake )

Many of the warders are a disgrace believing them selves to be something special.. And members of the management team I have had the misfortune to deal with are little better.
They bring a new level and meaning to the word arrogance
Well we all make mistakes, perhaps she didn't realise she was going the wrong way? Does it give him the right to yell at anyone like that, for goodness sake its a HOLIDAY site isn't it??
that does not give them the right to shout at people. we are customers. and on our hols. without us they have no reason to live.
But did the warden shout, yell &c? A tweet (especially phrased as it was) is only hearsay, not evidence :) It seems the only part we can rely on was her own admission that she was in the wrong :)
We've stayed on several CC sites and never once had any problems with wardens, the exact opposite in fact.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
She's a lesbian professor who pops up on TV programme that have archeology themes ,comes across as a very nice lady but obviously has her days like normal people

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The info came from another female archaeologist, her words to me were that "I've worked with her ,she's a dyke " if she has a husband then perhaps she is bi ?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
The info came from another female archaeologist, her words to me were that "I've worked with her ,she's a dyke " if she has a husband then perhaps she is bi ?

I didn't think she was an archaeologist either.. perhaps it's a different professor Alice Roberts..

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I do sometimes volunteer for archeology projects and her name came up in a recent conversation about the time team series , I find going on digs hard work but enjoyable ,being a man I often get the mattock work ,last one I worked on we were researching salt pans in the middle of a field in Lincolnshire , miles from the sea. I was not having a bash at her sexuality ,it may have came over that way but it was not intentional.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back