Product review - iboost by Motorhome wifi

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Chris, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Bought this gadget from www.motorhomewifi.com for £150 about 2 months ago.

Wanted something I could use with an iPad to get wifi when out and about.

I can recommend the product 100% if:

- you have an iPad

- you are a Bt Internet subscriber

- you use wifi at CC or C&CC sites regularly.

In the UK every time I have used it , it managed to locate a minimum of 3 sources for BT Openzone. I guess it would be less successful in remote areas.

Abroad I was able to point the antennae at the site Internet room and get a strong signal, a signal which my iPad nor iPhone were picking up themselves.

On a site where I had to pay for wifi I was able to turn a poor signal into a good one and then use it as a hotspot for several other devices in the van.

It's been invaluable.

Costly but excellent for what I needed it for and with 3 Internet users all on iPads it meant buying only one token instead of 3.

Only good for iPads though in my view:thumb:

2. peejay

peejay Read Only Funster

Wi fi

:thumb:
    Thanks Treacle,having ordered one of these, I wondered if I had done the right thing as I wanted it for my I pad. You have put my mind at rest, thanks again.:thumb:

3. JJ

JJ Funster

Thanks for the update...

I sounds as though it does a similar job to my (internet) pointy thingy...

JJ :Cool:

4. Chris

I think that's right JJ. it's the boosting of the signal that I was most impressed with. Even Isabel is impressed - which doesn't apply to all my gadget purchases:BigGrin:

5. Chris

I feared exactly the same. Initial set up is a bit fiddly ( well it was for me) but you soon get the hang of it.

If using a token on site which you can log on and off I found the easiest way is to bookmark the log in confirmation which you can then click on when you want to log off. First time I used a token I couldn't find the log off page so the token just expired whilst I slept.

Pm me if you have any problems and I will try to help, but I would warn you I am not a tekkie:BigGrin:

6. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Great bit of kit, I bought one at Malvern, the difference with this one is that - because it has a router - you can run an Ipad and a netbook at the same time. I know you can buy a Mifi but with this I dont need one as just about every site you go on has Wifi. And of course if the site charge you......well you could pay and then sell a connection to the guys each side of you to get your money back.....Well if you were that sort of chap!!! Of course I would never do such a thing......but some might:Wink:

• Like Like x 1