Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
good morning jim
i am getting this error and all the text is bright red when i log on to mhf till i have clicked a link then reverts back to black till i reload the page then red again
cheers
chris

Database Error Database error
The MotorhomeFun database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.motorhomefun.co.uk home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.motorhomefun.co.uk forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
We are working on it. I have tracked down part of the cause and enabled the forum again. Please note I may have to switch off again if I find something else.

Please let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Few minor issues. Reply tab looking different - just HTML. Up and running though, well done

Steve

Now fixed!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ok, think that is it now. Can you have a look round and tell me if you see anything amiss. Treat me like an idiot when describing what you see please :winky:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes well done :thumb: I had not known there was a problem until it was sorted ::bigsmile: That is the best way I find! Jane :Smile:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Jim is away at the moment and has asked me to reassure you all on the details.

There were no hackers on the server. A part of the forum software had an urgent security patch issued yesterday. This was installed and it was this that caused the problems. I will look into why later today but my initial thoughts is the content caching system (datastore) updated this morning at 4am and caused the problem with the update. This made it appear that the server had been attacked when in fact it hadn't.

I have gone over the entire server and can confirm that no illegal access happened.

If you have any questions I will be around for about another hour or so. Off for a coffee now.:winky:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Jim is away at the moment and has asked me to reassure you all on the details.

There were no hackers on the server. A part of the forum software had an urgent security patch issued yesterday. This was installed and it was this that caused the problems. I will look into why later today but my initial thoughts is the content caching system (datastore) updated this morning at 4am and caused the problem with the update. This made it appear that the server had been attacked when in fact it hadn't.

I have gone over the entire server and can confirm that no illegal access happened.

If you have any questions I will be around for about another hour or so. Off for a coffee now.:winky:

Thanks for that reassurance Grommet, I was wondering if any Funsters personal details could have been compromised Thanks again:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
There is little if any personal details held on the server.
For most users not even real world names :winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks for your hard work Grommet:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We are working on it. I have tracked down part of the cause and enabled the forum again. Please note I may have to switch off again if I find something else.

Please let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks
I've just got back from a Doc's appointment to find that we're all cooking on gas again. ::bigsmile:

Nice one Karl, and well done. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ok, no complaints? Off to bed for me now. Was just about to go when all this happened :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back