Problems with Nordelecttronica Battery Chargers on Swift Vans?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by The Meerkat, May 20, 2009.

1. The Meerkat

The Meerkat Deleted User

Hi all

I am posting on behalf of my friend who is not the most up to date with the world wide interweb

He has just purchased a 2009 Swift Charisma, he hasn’t had it away on holiday yet and the battery charger has stopped working no output either to charge the battery or power the 12v electrics, actually rather than charging, it flattened the battery totally

Has anyone else encountered these problems – the unit is manufactured by a brand Nordelecttronica – anyone heard from them? Or encountered the same problem?

I am not sure if the unit can fixed by myself or this may be a common design issue with the charger?

Any advice or related incidents will be most welcome

MK

:Doh:

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

It is still under warranty, take it back to dealer, why mess about with it, its still brand new.

Peter

3. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Problems with "N" charger

As Peter says, I to advise you to return the complete motorhome to the dealer.

Any DIY repair (by a non approved engineer) will breach the terms of the warranty, and they may have need of it further into the warranty period. So DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY REPAIR, it could be expensive!!

I am not connected with the Swift organisation, other than a Bessacarr owner, but, I understand Swift ore doing everything possible to overcome the problems encountered with this electronic control unit.

If it were my motorhome, I would be contacting the supplying dealer to establish if they have a replacement unit available, so that a co-ordinated visit for it to be fitted can be arranged, especially if a long distance journey is involved.

Good luck

Nomadic

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

one very simple thing you can do yourself......without compromising the warrenty.

check the charger unit itself to see if it has an ON/OFF switch.
    mine is a different charger but it has an ON/OFF switch and also a built-in fuse holder.

the battery may just have gone flat if its been stood a while, maybe an alarm or similar discharging it, and not the charger discharging it.

.worth a look.:thumb:

5. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Agreed, a very good suggestion, could save a long journey.

Nomadic

6. The Meerkat

The Meerkat Deleted User

Many thanks for your feedback guys

My friend, never touched it as advised and returned it and had it replaced under warranty, on taking it back the dealer explained that it had been a batch problem with one of the components inside the charger, although I am unaware to what size this may be

On another note, I replaced my old Plug in charger with an Amperor unit just last week purchased from E-Bay

Amperor Battery Charger

Go for the best offer option and you'll save a few nikka!!!:thumb:

MK