Problems with ESP warning light

Discussion in 'Peugeot' started by JohnP65, Aug 26, 2012.

1. JohnP65

JohnP65 Read Only Funster

Having problems with warning light on new Autosleeper Broadway based on Peugeot 130bhp MWB chassis. On the original test drive the dash display said "Hill Hold Assist Unavailable" followed by "ESP" and then yellow warning light. When the engine is turned off it clears itself but reappears after a few miles. The PDI carried out on the vehicle after the initial test drive apparantley showed no fault. I was assured that everything is OK but obviously this is not the case! Any ideas what the problem might be before I return the vehicle to the Dealer?

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

>> "ESP"

Extra Sensory Perception.

It's failing to read your mind, you've got to bond with it to get the best out of it.

3. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

I had a similar problem with my mercedes (sprinter) switch the ignition on and it would show ESP fault, visit workshop. switch of and it would usually reset 1st time but sometimes took 3-4 attempts before the engine would start. Eventually traced to the ignition switch which was replaced under warranty. You would not want to pay as it is very expensive around £500 mark.

spongy

4. Organplayer

Organplayer Funster

organplayer

We have Peugeot X250 130 newin Jan this year, few months ago "stumblled " on info which stated the vehicle was subject to a recall, which related to an upgrade to the electronic gizmoes on/in the info panel. Apparently a fault of some sort showed up on the instrument panel, a fault which was not there. Although this "fault" never showed itself on our van, I contacted local Peugeot dealer and they fitted a new gizmo. Also subject to this recall was the spare wheel cradle which I believe could drop the spare whilst the vehicle was in motion. This problem related to the Peugeot chassis and as our Bailey is on an Alko chassis,this did"nt apply. A while after having this recall work done, a letter arrived from Peugeot informing me of the recall-a little late. Hope this info is of some use. Best wishes.