Problems entering France from Spain? (2 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I have not heard it announced anywhere but the queues of traffic at the border were huge for people leaving Spain a few days ago and people I have spoken to since also encountered the same problems since then. Alan

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
End of holidays I should think, we've crossed over 3 times in the last month or so and it was pretty normal . We did see armed police on the border from France to Spain in the west side last week, probably just increased security due to the recent attacks.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Three weeks ago there was a 3 mile queue on the Belgian border as people were trying to enter France - we were travelling from Calais to Westende - on the return through Luxembourg we notice several vehicle being search.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Just came from Germany into Eastern France Police and army on border crossing but no hold ups they just waved us through .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I agree.. End of holiday season and there are many French of N.Africa decent who are coming back from Algeria, Morocco etc so I would imagine they are being very cautious..

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I really haven't seen much evidence of increased security anywhere.

We went through Dover customs for the ferry 3 weeks ago, bored looking French customs officer just waved us through, didn't even check passports. They didn't appear to be stopping anyone.

Driving around Europe: France - Belgium - Luxembourg - Germany - Switzerland - France - didn't get stopped or see any evidence of anyone else being stopped anywhere, even at the Swiss border (which still has "proper" border control).

Coming back through the tunnel on Friday night, UK customs at the French end checked our passports quickly, that was it.

I'd also suggest any delays are more likely due to peak traffic at the end of the school holidays.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
We hope you are right about it being just the end of the holls. We are going out next Tuesday .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Long queue from Germany into Denmark when we went through early August & we could see the same as we came back past today in the opposite direction.

They weren't stopping everyone, just slowly through a checkpoint in single file so they could pull over any vehicle they thought worth further investigation. Mainly manned by police, but the army were in readiness in the background. As this was on a motorway, you can imagine the tailback.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back