Problem with Truma water heater (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
You probably all know this, but I didn't.

Getting the M/H ready for a trip away today I found the water heater would not work on mains electricity. All indicator lights were green and the control panel showed it switched on. Circuit breakers all OK.

I had only had the habitation service done last week so rang the workshop and asked to speak to the technician.

He went through all the checks I had done and then said " there is a thermal cut-out switch on the heater element. To reset it, unplug the mains for fifteen minutes and then plug in again. The switch should reset itself."

Did as advised and all works OK.(y) Can't find any references to this in my handbook.

Hope this might help someone in future.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I've had this before and discovered the fix by trial and error. To prevent it happening always switch the heater off before disconnecting mains, the fan must run for a few minutes to dump the heat from the boiler. Not doing so allows the heat from the boiler to soak through to the thermal cut-out creating the condition.

Rgds
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
It is a quick fix but there is a fair chance it will happen again and will occur more often I have found it is generally a sign of lime scale build up on the element, we are full timers and normally stay in an area that suffers hard water the first time it happened to us I couldn't believe the amount of build up it was actually quite a job to remove the element through the hole that it fits into

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Hi, anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced Truma Ultra Store boiler PCB type 70020-72100........Truma repair guy says that's probably the reason why it doesn't fire up on gas and the red light on the controller comes on .....Cheers, Chris.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Hi, anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced Truma Ultra Store boiler PCB type 70020-72100........Truma repair guy says that's probably the reason why it doesn't fire up on gas and the red light on the controller comes on .....Cheers, Chris.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but if you start it as a new thread you may have more people see it (y)

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Thanks for that Knokinonabit, have done that now & didn't do it before 'cos I'm a ''twit newbie''!..:(

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I had a new PCB board fitted at the Truma UK workshops, great workshop, service, canteen while I waited and a warrenty, but about £300 for parts, labour & VAT

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Thanks for that Merc,...It's a very easy thing to replace, just a plug and play! ...but the board from Truma costs just under £150, so I was hoping someone was breaking a boiler possibly due to ice damage etc, but with a good PCB.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive got one which was an attempt at getting mine to work its been back to trumas and passed as working was going to put it on ebay would have to check the numbers pm with an offer see if i want to sell or keep for spare

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Thanks for that mitzimad.......I await your message,...Cheers, Chris.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back