Problem with Outdoor-Revolution MoveLite Duo XL Awning. (1 Viewer)

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Dear All.
I have one of these 'drive-away' awnings and have discovered areas of wear in the ground sheet at the base of the inflatable legs. On mine there is a tough and proud seam in the inflatable tubes cover that appears to be wearing through the ground sheet it sits on.
On two legs it is confined to scuffing but on one leg it has actually worn holes through the ground sheet.
The awning has only been used twice and only ever been erected on grass so could not have been scuffed or worn by stones/concrete.
The holes are in an area that is not in direct contact with the ground

I am wondering if anyone else has experience with or noticed this problem.

I have contacted Outdoor Revolution who have offered repair patches but nothing further as the awning is outside of the warranty period by 3 months. They also state that this is the first they have heard of such an issue.

I make no criticism of Outdoor Revolution and I have informed them that I will aid any investigation by them, into this issue, by raising awareness amongst users.

MoveLite Duo holes.jpg
Thanks
Regards
Nik.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If the photo is showing the outside of the groundsheet it has certainly worn from the outside, which is what you would expect of course.

Martin

OP
OP
Nik

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi @funflair.
Thanks for your comment and I fully understand what you are saying. Unfortunately the photo is not a particularly good one but I put it on as an example. I have sent an extensive video, which I couldn't post here, detailing exactly the issues and how it appears to be wearing from the inside, out to the company.

I have no axe to grind with the company and to extend what I have said in my OP they have dealt with me with courtesy and professionally at all times but are limited by the product being out of warranty.

I made the post for the information of others with such an awning for them to examine these areas that they might not have looked at in detail before and take action if they have similar damage and still in their warranty period.

Best regards
Nik

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back