Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Hi folks, I'm looking for some help please, events as they happened I think

The van is a 2007 Bessacarr E460 :Sad: - ill just now

1. Dash warning showed a faulty light.
2. Changed the rear nearside bulb which appeared to be not working.
3. Nearside side lights still do not work.
Warning light on the instrument panel still on.
3. Tested wiring between front and rear sidelights. Both lights work with an external 12v battery.

It appears to me (or hubby to be truthful) that it is a fuse that's blown but he has tried all fuses in the engine compartment and under the dashboard and all appear fine......unless there's a fuse somewhere that he can't find. There doesn't appear to be an auxiliary fuse box.

Any/all suggestions welcome

Pat

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
don't rely on a visual check of the fuses.

they can blow where you cant see the break in the fusewire....right at the side were it joins the blade

always use a multi meter set to OHMS/Continuity.

also, don't rely on the fusebox lid legend....they rarely tally with the actual circuit protected...it may say side lights but could protect anything but.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cinderz
Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Thanks pappajohn,

Jim tested all the fuses he could find with a meter yesterday (I had done a search for solution and read that somewhere)
Any other suggestions please....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
He needs to check for a good 12v supply at the lamp unit, also a good earth at the lamp unit if both present then with the "correct" Bulb all should be well
Bulbs today are slippery customers and should be checked like for like, straight pins offset pins double or single contact point, obvious to some but not all.
I dont know how new your van is but resist sending 12v up can bus circuits used on modern vans,:Blush: if you dont know what a can bus system is dont send any voltage up anything:Eeek:
no power to lamps may indicate a faulty switch:Doh:
Geo

OP
OP
Cinderz
Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
There isn't 12v at the lamp unit front and rear - nearside . Other side OK. Will check in the morning for a good earth. He has just said that it's a double contact point offset bayonet
and side lights/stop lights. Has just thought that it may be that the stop light/side light could be the opposite way around? Also just said that there is 3.5v at the light unit? The van is 2007.
Thank you for suggestions and he will recheck everything in the morning 'cos Monday night is pub night for fishing folks!!! and he's about to go out.

OP
OP
Cinderz
Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Sorry I haven't responded to this yet. My mother was admitted to hospital and hubby was called on to help son with some diy in his house so motorhome is still waiting some attention but didn't want you to think I had deserted the thread

Pat

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
check under the van and follow the wiring loom back up the chassis towards the cab. You will see that there are a couple of multiplug connectors. make sure the connectors are tight and not corroded/damaged. particularly the connector at the back that feeds off towards the affected lamp

oh and on some vans there are 2 fuseboxes under the dash, one either side behind a panel

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago with some external lights.

Checked all bulbs, fuses visually and with meter, couldn't find anything, so after a trip to garage and 2 hours later the problem was found to be a connector in the FUSE BOX, so after a spot of solder, problem solved.

OP
OP
Cinderz
Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Good news and bad news......

Thank you all for suggestions, Jim tried them all and after a muttered "I bought this van so that I wouldn't have to spend all my time trying to get it to work" he gave in and took it into the garage on Tuesday. Collected it today - lights now working. Problem? Don't know - they said that they couldn't find anything wrong, went for lunch and when they came back the lights were working - weren't aware of having done anything to fix it. So good news all's fine and we can go away next week. Bad news it might happen again.

Thanks again

Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back