OP
John Gallagher
Apr 22, 2014
Sigglesthorne East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
In reply to my first post, I did as Techno advised and simply removed the small fuse and reinstalled, all was re set with NO loss of any functions. I spoke with Mick at SAP Doncaster and he confirmed that was indeed the correct procedure to follow. He had no explanation other than rarely there is a glitch when trying to retract the Rams. He assured me if it happens again, removing the fuse and reinstalling it will then re set the system so the control panels will work and will not require the manual option of winding them in with an Allen key. Many thanks to Techno for his sound advice yesterday. John

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
I have read this thread with interest as my jacks have exhibited all the symptoms described. The juddering when raising, the van moving because not all the jacks are in contact. I thought I was imagining problems that did not exist as everyone seemed so positive about them. They are factory fit and only 8 months old, so it seems I must get it looked at whilst still under warranty.

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
I have read this thread with interest as my jacks have exhibited all the symptoms described. The juddering when raising, the van moving because not all the jacks are in contact. I thought I was imagining problems that did not exist as everyone seemed so positive about them. They are factory fit and only 8 months old, so it seems I must get it looked at whilst still under warranty.
There should not be any problems with the warranty side of things.
I contacted the engineers who worked on the ram the first time to report that the problem had re-occurred with less than a week left on the warranty and was still awaiting a return call almost 3 weeks later, I rang E & P who said it would not be an issue and they would contact the engineers who in turn rang me back the next morning.
For me the frustration initially sets in because of the time it all takes but then I think WTF, in the scale of things this is very minor.
Spud

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Mine broke at the front and don't have a remote lol

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ha ha but you can't take your wheels off

Do you mean get dirty hands ... :eek: I pay the breakdown man to do that .. :cool:

Seriously..

I remember helping a lady with levelling jacks on an RV that wouldn't retract fully.. the rams were retracted by springs...

I sprayed them with silicone , then found a length of timber and levered them up..

Do you carry a bit of 2" x 2" for such occasions ? :whistle: :LOL:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Do you mean get dirty hands ... :eek: I pay the breakdown man to do that .. :cool:

Seriously..

I remember helping a lady with levelling jacks on an RV that wouldn't retract fully.. the rams were retracted by springs...

I sprayed them with silicone , then found a length of timber and levered them up..

Do you carry a bit of 2" x 2" for such occasions ? :whistle: :LOL:
E+P and Golschmitt levelling jacks use the pump to retract as well as extend, if you have a problem you can wind them back by hand or preferably with an electric drill.

Martin

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Help please!

So having read this thread I know we can make the jacks retract in emergency but as we aren't going anywhere at the moment I'd rather get a remedy.

Alan loves to tamper with stuff so I'm blaming him (possibly wrongly):LOL:although he says he hasn't touched them... but the jacks won't retract. Pressing any of the icons , none light up. All we get is a beep. Ive tried doing what this thread suggests and removing the 15 amp fuse as shown in the photo on thread but the only thing that happened was I heard a beep on replacing it. Nothings changed, still won't go up, any other ideas?

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
FYI - for those who have the fuse in a difficult to reach position, there is another way to reset the system. If you push and hold the bottom left and bottom right buttons on the control panel the system will reboot. We got this info from Mick when we kept getting the system tripping out in cold conditions (-10c)!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
YAAAY! Its fixed :) I noticed the step wasn't retracting either so ....it was a scotch lock failure Alan said but I am going to write the failure procedures that Ive learned on here onto the instructions should we ever need to use them.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Scotch lock :Eeek:work of the devil :laughing: They all need replacing and solder the connections.
glad you've sorted it though(y)

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hmmmm think I'll save our dosh and stick to the blocks when we rarely need levelling.. ...

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
@Spud sounds like we have identical scenario, not totally sure yet but I don't think ours is always the same leg, I always stay in mine and deploy on auto, wait for green light, then give a few more seconds as it often seems to slightly readjust, then turn off remote

Then but only rarely find one of the legs not fully down, as you say about 30mm off floor

Like you I fix by switching to manual to finish off, frustrating more than anything else

We also get a bad shudder when retracting, sometimes worse than others, I think depends on how far out the legs are

WAIT! the first levelling, is the front set and it takes a bit of time to get around to setting the other pair into action, keep your finger on the button until it has done BOTH actions. It will level and all the legs will be down . It will then vent off excess pressure to relieve the hydraulics all by its self, about a minute AFTER the legs are set.. PATIENCE,, I learnt that while getting used to them and their little foibles.
I rather like them but there are limits as to how uneven they can cope with so I have a bag with bits of scaffold board cut-ups to place under the really low end rams if it is a real slope.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back